Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel
Author Message
 Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel

Really no way to move objects from panel 1 to panel 2 in TabPanel by code?

I am creating an app with 3 panels that share the same information except
few SQL details.  So creating duplicate static text, edit text, etc. seem to
be bit overkill.

Alex

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:30:20 GMT
 Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel

Quote:
> Really no way to move objects from panel 1 to panel 2 in TabPanel by code?

Nope.

Cheers,
- Joe

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:46:54 GMT
 Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel
Hopefully this is something that can be addressed in the next major release.
It just seems to me a bit overkill to use same stuff all over again.

Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:50:20 GMT
 Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel

wrote?:

Quote:
> Hopefully this is something that can be addressed in the next major release.
> It just seems to me a bit overkill to use same stuff all over again.

So you could use something else than a TabPanel. For example, you could use
a popupMenu on top of the window. When the window is first opened, you make
all visible as you want. When the popupMenu selection changes, you make what
you want visible or invisible. In this case, you could call the same
function when it opens and when the selection changes.

Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:50:08 GMT
 Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel

Quote:

>> Really no way to move objects from panel 1 to panel 2 in TabPanel by code?

> Nope.

Here's a workaround:

1) Place a placard on each panel.
2) make sure all controls in each tab are inside the tab's placard
3) make sure that all controls you want to move  are lower than all the
placards in the control order.
4) to move a control change its parent property to the placard corresponding
to the target tab

If I understand Alex's need correctly though all he needs to do is set the
common control's parent to nil so that they appear on all tabs.

Altos

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:35:54 GMT

1. Moving LabVIEW 6 front panel decorations behind controls or objects

2. TabPanel -finding which panel was selected

3. One object that needs to look different to different senders

4. Move an object with the viewpoint by clicking on the object

5. Local variable behaviour different with panel open?!

6. front panel layout changes when moved to computer with lcd screen

7. control different front panels

8. front panel layout changes when moved to computer with lcd screen

9. front panel should maximize but it's always moved to the bottom

10. Moving Labview Indicators on Front Panel during execution

11. Moving CW to different drive letter

12. Move Cursor to different entry?