AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon
Author Message
 AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon

Hi!

To which library do I link when doing toolbox calls to AppleScript with
Carbon?
Could someone give a whole, working example call?

Thanx,

Marius
--
"When I'm good, I'm very good,
but when I'm bad, I'm better"

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:33:29 GMT
 AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon

Quote:

> To which library do I link when doing toolbox calls to AppleScript with
> Carbon?
> Could someone give a whole, working example call?

What is a "toolbox call to AppleScript"? Could *you* give an example of
what you're trying to do? m.

--

      *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:23:56 GMT
 AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon

Quote:
> > To which library do I link when doing toolbox calls to AppleScript with
> > Carbon?
> > Could someone give a whole, working example call?

> What is a "toolbox call to AppleScript"? Could *you* give an example of
> what you're trying to do? m.

Under classic, I make a call to an AppleScript library, to execute
AppleScript scripts or to compile them. Now: How to do this under carbon.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:03:52 GMT
 AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon

Quote:

> > > To which library do I link when doing toolbox calls to AppleScript with
> > > Carbon?
> > > Could someone give a whole, working example call?

> > What is a "toolbox call to AppleScript"? Could *you* give an example of
> > what you're trying to do? m.

> Under classic, I make a call to an AppleScript library, to execute
> AppleScript scripts or to compile them. Now: How to do this under carbon.

Just designate the library CarbonLib instead of whatever you're saying
now. Look in the docs to make sure the toolbox call is supported under
Carbon (it almost surely is, though, since AppleScript is high-level
stuff). Or if you're on OS X just use the shell and osacompile. m.

--

      *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 07:55:23 GMT
 AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon
Quote:
> Just designate the library CarbonLib instead of whatever you're saying

now.

Do I have to use CarbonLib for every toolbox call? Also for QuickTime,
AppleScript,... ?

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:08:16 GMT
 AppleScript Toolbox call under Carbon

Quote:

> Do I have to use CarbonLib for every toolbox call? Also for QuickTime

Not QuickTime. See p. 658. m.

--

      *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:57:50 GMT

1. Using SpeakText carbon API Call

2. calling applescript from RB again

3. Passing NULL to a ToolBox Call

4. Toolbox call for creating an Alias?

5. Delay() Toolbox Call doesn't work on OS X 10.1

6. Window Toolbox Calls...

7. Toolbox Calls

8. toolbox calls under osx

9. Sound Manager Toolbox Call

10. Accessing toolbox calls to Appearance manager

11. Calls to Mac toolbox from VisualWorks

12. calling the toolbox