Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw
Author Message
 Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw

Hi,

I need to make a hybrid CD-ROM that will be everything to everyone - that
will play audio tracks on an audio CD player, that will automatically run a
Windows app when inserted in a Windows computer, and that will automatically
run a Mac app when inserted in a Mac (or at least, that will display an icon
for a Mac app when inserted in a Mac).

My CD-R burner is currently on one of my Windows computers and I have EZ CD
Creator. It looks to me like this will not do the job, and that I probably
have to get a CD burner for my Mac Cube and use Toast Titanium. So, I have 2
questions:

1) Am I right in my assumptions? Does anyone know of any software for
Windows that can create a CD like this?
2) Assuming that I have to get a CD burner for the Mac, would one of the
FireWire burners be best? Does anyone have any experience with them? Are any
bundled with Toast Titanium?

I appreciate any information you might have on this. Thanks.

Warren Sirota
Director of R&D/CEO
World Wide Woodshed
Makers of SlowGold and SlowBlast!, Windows (soon to be Mac, too) software
that slows down music without changing the pitch.
Downloads at www.worldwidewoodshed.com

Sat, 01 May 2004 22:59:57 GMT
 Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw

Quote:

> Hi,

> 2) Assuming that I have to get a CD burner for the Mac, would one of the
> FireWire burners be best? Does anyone have any experience with them? Are any
> bundled with Toast Titanium?

You need Toast Titanium. Not the cheap Lite one but the expensiver Full
version.

There you can burn Hybrid CDs with Audio Tracks. You can put an
"autorun.inf" on it and set an app file to start automatically.

I've got a wonderfull Lacie 16/8/40 Firewire Burner. Works perfect even
with burning in Finder.

Mfg
Christian

--
Wer f?hig ist S?tze zu tippen, der ist auch f?hig Schreibfehler zu
machen.

Sun, 02 May 2004 02:28:03 GMT
 Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw

Quote:
> Hi,

> 1) Am I right in my assumptions? Does anyone know of any software for
> Windows that can create a CD like this?

For my Opinion Nero allways did a good Job on the PC side
(http://www.ahead.de/en/demo.asp)

Sun, 02 May 2004 16:44:43 GMT
 Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw

Quote:
> Hi,

> 1) Am I right in my assumptions? Does anyone know of any software for
> Windows that can create a CD like this?

For my Opinion Nero allways did a good Job on the PC side
(http://www.ahead.de/en/demo.asp)

Sun, 02 May 2004 16:50:34 GMT
 Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw
            --------------------------------------
            how BIG are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
         Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
             let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
      Ezcd 5.x can not be called a cd recording software
            as it does not write Mode 1 or Mode 2

     [ Mike Richter has yet to acknowledge it despite his ]
     [     declaring he "readily" acknowledges bugs!      ]
     [                                                    ]
     [               Mike Richter's excuse:               ]
     [     ... not use ... not know ... not write ...     ]
     [          but calls himself a beta tester!          ]
     [      (The bug was in the November 2000 beta)       ]

Try here:
http://www.macdisk.com

Quote:

> I need to make a hybrid CD-ROM that will be everything to everyone - that
> will play audio tracks on an audio CD player, that will automatically run a
> Windows app when inserted in a Windows computer, and that will automatically
> run a Mac app when inserted in a Mac (or at least, that will display an icon
> for a Mac app when inserted in a Mac).

> My CD-R burner is currently on one of my Windows computers and I have EZ CD
> Creator. It looks to me like this will not do the job, and that I probably
> have to get a CD burner for my Mac Cube and use Toast Titanium. So, I have 2
> questions:

> 1) Am I right in my assumptions? Does anyone know of any software for
> Windows that can create a CD like this?
> 2) Assuming that I have to get a CD burner for the Mac, would one of the
> FireWire burners be best? Does anyone have any experience with them? Are any
> bundled with Toast Titanium?

> I appreciate any information you might have on this. Thanks.

> Warren Sirota
> Director of R&D/CEO
> World Wide Woodshed
> Makers of SlowGold and SlowBlast!, Windows (soon to be Mac, too) software
> that slows down music without changing the pitch.
> Downloads at www.worldwidewoodshed.com

Mon, 03 May 2004 15:30:38 GMT

1. Distinguishing CD-ROM from CD/RW drives?

2. Programming CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW

3. Programming CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW

4. want code/info for playing audio cd's in CD-ROM

5. CD, CD-RomRepair

6. CD-Rom: Direct Read from Music-CD ???

7. ISO CD ballot for CD 14882, alias C++

8. Selecting a CD Drive at Run Time

9. Selecting a CD drive at Runtime

10. Detection of the CD in the drive

11. Detecting CD Rom Drive