Where to Start? 
Author Message
 Where to Start?

Hi folks,

I've just started to learn Realbasic as I've been requested to do some
development at work.  I've used Applescript previously but need the extra
speed and front end etc. to make the programs more user friendly.

I've searched around the net for tutorials and examples and I've also
ordered  'REALbasic the Definitive Guide' by Matt Neuburg.

Are there any other sources anyone can recommend which start with the very
basics?

Thanks

--
second_coming
----------------------------------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:49:46 GMT  
 Where to Start?
You've probably already found this, but Marc Zeedar's "REALbasic
University" is a great resource for easing into the REALbasic waters.
Same with Eric Tejkowski's REALbasic tutorials on ResExcellence.

REALbasic University:

http://www.applelinks.com/rbu/

ResExcellence's REALbasic section:

http://www.resexcellence.com/realbasic/

If you sign up for announcements on the REALbasic home site, you get
announcements of when a new article is posted. There are lots of
archives.



Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:34:55 GMT  
 Where to Start?

Quote:

> You've probably already found this, but Marc Zeedar's "REALbasic
> University" is a great resource for easing into the REALbasic waters.
> Same with Eric Tejkowski's REALbasic tutorials on ResExcellence.

> REALbasic University:

> http://www.applelinks.com/rbu/

> ResExcellence's REALbasic section:

> http://www.resexcellence.com/realbasic/

> If you sign up for announcements on the REALbasic home site, you get
> announcements of when a new article is posted. There are lots of
> archives.

And
Eric Tejkowski's
REALbasic for Dummies


Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:31:02 GMT  
 Where to Start?

Quote:

> I've searched around the net for tutorials and examples and I've also
> ordered  'REALbasic the Definitive Guide' by Matt Neuburg.

> Are there any other sources anyone can recommend which start with the very
> basics?

Yes, try the tutorial that comes with RB.  It takes you step by step
through making a complete document-based application (a styled text
editor).

Cheers,
- Joe

--
,------------------------------------------------------------------.
|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |

`------------------------------------------------------------------'



Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:12:10 GMT  
 Where to Start?


Quote:



> > I've searched around the net for tutorials and examples and I've also
> > ordered  'REALbasic the Definitive Guide' by Matt Neuburg.

> > Are there any other sources anyone can recommend which start with the very
> > basics?

> Yes, try the tutorial that comes with RB.  It takes you step by step
> through making a complete document-based application (a styled text
> editor).

> Cheers,
> - Joe

There's also the REALbasic university available on the Internet
and Erick Tejkowski, the author of REALbasic for Dummies, also has several
tutorials on his website.

Floris



Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:26:25 GMT  
 Where to Start?

Quote:

> > You've probably already found this, but Marc Zeedar's "REALbasic
> > University" is a great resource for easing into the REALbasic waters.
> > Same with Eric Tejkowski's REALbasic tutorials on ResExcellence.

> > REALbasic University:

> > http://www.applelinks.com/rbu/

> > ResExcellence's REALbasic section:

> > http://www.resexcellence.com/realbasic/

> > If you sign up for announcements on the REALbasic home site, you get
> > announcements of when a new article is posted. There are lots of
> > archives.

> And
> Eric Tejkowski's
> REALbasic for Dummies

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm sure I'll be asking some more questions in
the near future :)

--
second_coming
----------------------------------------
http://second-coming.net



Sat, 07 Feb 2004 07:57:04 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Can't start vw30 [was: Can't start vwnc30]

2. Start() only starting sometimes

3. Can't start vw30 [was: Can't start vwnc30]

4. Use Start Start Button

5. Use Start Start Button

6. How to start data acquisition when a sine wave starts or finishes

7. I need a timestamp in milliseconds that starts when my program starts

8. Start nidqsvr.exe when Windows starts?

9. (start..end) where start > end

10. apl11 start-up problems

11. Where to start?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software