newbie
Author Message
 newbie

Hi, I am teaching myself vb and html in my spare time. it is only a hobby
although I have designed a programme and a web site for my wife's business
and friends businesses.

I am finding it hard to learn basic not because it is hard but I cannot
findthe right book or web tutorial. I have wasted a lot of money and time

Q, can anyone recommend a good beginners way of learning basic and can
anyone tell me the code to open another program (*.exe) with a command
button,

Thanks

Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie

Quote:

> Hi, I am teaching myself vb and html in my spare time. it is only a hobby
> although I have designed a programme and a web site for my wife's business
> and friends businesses.

> I am finding it hard to learn basic not because it is hard but I cannot
> findthe right book or web tutorial. I have wasted a lot of money and time

Ask people in:
alt.comp.lang.visualbasic
alt.comp.lang.visualbasic.ver3
comp.lang.basic.visual.3rdparty
comp.lang.basic.visual.announce
comp.lang.basic.visual.database
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Quote:
> Q, can anyone recommend a good beginners way of learning basic and can
> anyone tell me the code to open another program (*.exe) with a command
> button,

You should not open basic code from .exe files. If the programmer wants
you to see the code, he gives it you.

Mfg
Christian

--
Was soll ich mit 128 Bit- Verschlsselung?
Wenn ich nach 20 Bit etwas schreibe,

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie
<< can anyone tell me the code to open another program (*.exe)
with a command button >>

If you are referring to launching another app when your user
clicks a button on yours, then look at the example using
AppleEvent in the language reference, page 24.

Take care,

John

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie

Quote:

> I am finding it hard to learn basic not because it is hard but I cannot
> findthe right book or web tutorial. I have wasted a lot of money and time

The developer's guide is very usefull to learn RB.

Sebastian Peters

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie

Quote:

> The developer's guide is very usefull to learn RB.

> Sebastian Peters

>But VisualBasic Books are telling the same and are better for learning how to

create a game!

Josen

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Newbie, we are all Newbie to something

2. Not a newbie, but a newbie question...

3. Does a variable exist? NEWBIE NEWBIE NEW

4. Newbie wants newbie friend

5. newbie BRAND newbie!

7. Newbie Pythom + Newbie Com = Way confussed

8. Trivial Newbie Question (Newbie)

9. Newbie "Why does my program..." Was: Re: Newbie 370 Questions

10. Newbie - as in "really" Newbie!

11. Help a newbie search the archives

12. A few more newbie questions..