Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5
Author Message
 Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5

Hi.

How to make multi-language applications with RB?
I mean I know there is the possibility to "localize" applications,
i.e. they can display their menus, texts, etc... in the language given
by the Mac OS X version used.
Can this be done with RB 3.5? How? (and with RB 4?)
I uses RB 3.5 under OS X.

Thank you for your help.
Pascal.

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:53:17 GMT
 Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5
Bonjour,

Create a module
create news constant type string
Name your constant
For each country you want, add... the value (translation) and select the language
In dialog, control, menu.. use your constant with #before his name
In Project Setting, choose your language and run
When you compile, choose your language and compile for each.

Mon fran?ais est meilleur ;-)

Quote:

--
Eric POUSSE
_adX_

Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:55:00 GMT
 Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5

Quote:

> Mon fran?ais est meilleur ;-)

Mais il est trs bien ton anglais !   :-)

--

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/philippe.galmel/

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:25:33 GMT
 Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5
Hi.

So it is not possible to build a single (unique) app in RB that
contains several languages in it? (Like it's done for other apps I've
already seen..)
I have to build 1 app per language?

Thanks  a lot.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:49:01 GMT
 Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5

Quote:

> So it is not possible to build a single (unique) app in RB that
> contains several languages in it?

That's not possible with constants but you could try to implement it
yourself. Perhaps there's even a plugin or something like that out there
which does exactly what you want to.

Paul
--
  PGP Key ID: 0x54489D0D * <http://www.p-hink.de/pgp/PaulHink.asc>
| Jetzt neu in Ihrem Usenet: Diskussionen in und um NRW in nrw.ALL! |

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 03:41:11 GMT

1. RB 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade problem

2. RB 3.2 -> 3.5

3. Rb 3.5 Registration Key

4. RB 3.5 and Windows NT2000 servers

5. Errors in RB 3.5 examples-adding files

6. mouseDown and RB 3.5

7. RB 3.5/4.0

8. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

9. ANNOUNCE: Multi-column listbox package Tablelist 3.5

10. Advice on multi-language support in app?

11. How to create a Multi-Language app

12. multi-language clipper-apps