Mac Help quick question
Author Message
 Mac Help quick question

Sorry for this question but I hope someone can help me.  I need to change
the name of my startup disk from Macintosh HD to something else.  Can I do
this without reformatting?

Thanks so much,

Joel

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:12:29 GMT
 Mac Help quick question

Quote:

> Sorry for this question but I hope someone can help me.  I need to change
> the name of my startup disk from Macintosh HD to something else.  Can I do
> this without reformatting?

You should be able to just single-click the name of the Hard Drive on your
Desktop and rename it like you would a folder. You may have to turn off file
sharing before you do this. I think "shared volumes" cannot be renamed.

No need to reformat.

Matheau Dakoske

--

Code Line Communications
http://www.code-line.com/software

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:25:03 GMT
 Mac Help quick question

Quote:

>> Sorry for this question but I hope someone can help me.  I need to change
>> the name of my startup disk from Macintosh HD to something else.  Can I do
>> this without reformatting?

> You should be able to just single-click the name of the Hard Drive on your
> Desktop and rename it like you would a folder. You may have to turn off file
> sharing before you do this. I think "shared volumes" cannot be renamed.

> No need to reformat.

> Matheau Dakoske

I cant believe I forgot the file sharing thing!  Thanks for the tip.  I am
working on a program and 2 disks cannot have the same name.

Joel

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 05:09:09 GMT

1. quick help question

2. quick newbie question, please help, .bmp of code attached - code.bmp [0/4]

3. Help! Mac Tk programming question (8.2.1)

4. Mac Developer, with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant, Mac OS,OO can you help

5. Mac Developers., with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant,Mac OS,OO experience help needed

6. Can a Mac Developer, with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant, Mac OS,OO help

7. Quick, easy newbie question

8. Quick find replace question

9. Quick Question...

10. Quick listbox question