How to get Winmm?
Author Message
 How to get Winmm?

I am writing a programme that needs to control volume, balance and play
rate. I have done it for Mac OS.

For Win I found some suitable Win32 functions that do it for WAV sounds,
e.g. PlaySound, waveOutSetVolume, and waveOutSetPalybackRate. These toolbox
calls need Winmm.lib.

I searched MSDN but could not find a place to download Winmm.lib. There is a
141 Mb download package that may have it included, but a download of this
magnitude is out of the question--I live in a rural area and barely get 20
kB/s.

Does anyone know another source for Winmm.lib?

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:35:37 GMT
 How to get Winmm?

Quote:
> I am writing a programme that needs to control volume, balance and play
> rate. I have done it for Mac OS.

> For Win I found some suitable Win32 functions that do it for WAV sounds,
> e.g. PlaySound, waveOutSetVolume, and waveOutSetPalybackRate. These toolbox
> calls need Winmm.lib.

> I searched MSDN but could not find a place to download Winmm.lib. There is a
> 141 Mb download package that may have it included, but a download of this
> magnitude is out of the question--I live in a rural area and barely get 20
> kB/s.

> Does anyone know another source for Winmm.lib?

   I wish I got 20 kb/sec.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:05:00 GMT
 How to get Winmm?
Hi,

It comes with Microsoft Visual C, maybe you have a windoze programer friend
you could buy a beer for...

Paul

Quote:
> I am writing a programme that needs to control volume, balance and play
> rate. I have done it for Mac OS.

> For Win I found some suitable Win32 functions that do it for WAV sounds,
> e.g. PlaySound, waveOutSetVolume, and waveOutSetPalybackRate. These
toolbox
> calls need Winmm.lib.

> I searched MSDN but could not find a place to download Winmm.lib. There is
> 141 Mb download package that may have it included, but a download of this
> magnitude is out of the question--I live in a rural area and barely get 20
> kB/s.

> Does anyone know another source for Winmm.lib?

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:51:04 GMT

1. winmm.dll bindings

2. ffidl::callback and winmm

3. Getting X focus when getting Tk focus

4. Getting Cursors into Visual Smalltalk

5. Menu gets disabled

6. Getting version info on Service Packs

7. Why Smalltalk gets a facelift

8. dilbert gets extreme

9. Getting the icon associated with a file extension

10. Don't getting started the Help Site, the Tutorial and the Education Centre

11. Before this idea gets finalized

12. MS Project COM interface --getting started