RB & VB 
Author Message
 RB & VB

A few months ago, I vaguely remember I came accross a site where the
major differences between RealBasic and VisualBasic were explained. Have
not bookmarked the site, or lost the mark. Can anyone help ?

Also, there was (was there ?) something about a pioece of software that
would help translate VB code into RB code ?

Thanks in advance for advice. And sorry if this question has been asked
many times.

--
Franz der Schweizer
Faber fit fabricando
homepage: http://perso.{*filter*}cable.fr/dardel



Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 RB & VB

Quote:
> Also, there was (was there ?) something about a pioece of software that
> would help translate VB code into RB code ?

I'm pretty sure RB can do this by itself, look through the readme and the
pdfs, I think that it says that you can.  In fact, it might be able to read
whole VB projects.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                   The tru7h is out there...
                               http://marathon.bungie.org
                          http://marathon.bungie.org/story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Mail me: aboutthismac (at) hotmail (dot) com
      ATM (about this mac) http://members.xoom.com/atmguy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------



Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 RB & VB
HI. I downloaded the alpha/beta release of real basic to check it out. I
have run a demo of real basic some time back and now the alpha/beta version
is throwing up a a dialog wanting me to get a license to the product. I
don't want to do that at this time. I simply want to evaluate RB in relation
to VB and see how easily it is to do database work. Any way around this
dialog?

--
James Gregurich
Visual Basic Application Developer/Consultant
Antares Computer Systems
(www.antaresnet.com)  ph225-922-7748 x130



Thu, 15 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 RB & VB
Fran?ois de Darde

Here are the two links you are looking for:

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gooey/rosetta/

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Robert

Quote:

> A few months ago, I vaguely remember I came accross a site where the
> major differences between RealBasic and VisualBasic were explained. Have
> not bookmarked the site, or lost the mark. Can anyone help ?

> Also, there was (was there ?) something about a pioece of software that
> would help translate VB code into RB code ?

> Thanks in advance for advice. And sorry if this question has been asked
> many times.

> --
> Franz der Schweizer
> Faber fit fabricando
> homepage: http://perso.{*filter*}cable.fr/dardel



Thu, 15 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 RB & VB
thanks but I tried both without success
Quote:

> Organization: Certified Rolfer[R]
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
> Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 13:38:45 -0800
> Subject: Re: beta version wants license



>> HI. I downloaded the alpha/beta release of real basic to check it out. I
>> have run a demo of real basic some time back and now the alpha/beta
>> version
>> is throwing up a a dialog wanting me to get a license to the product. I
>> don't want to do that at this time. I simply want to evaluate RB in
>> relation
>> to VB and see how easily it is to do database work. Any way around this
>> dialog?

> It was my understanding that the demo version of Realbasic didn't
> have the database functions in it or that they were limited to
> 25 records.  If you want test the demo, it will ask for a license
> but still run in a limited mode.

> You might want to look in your system preferences folder
> for a realbasic preferences file and delete it.  Also look
> for any 'invisible' files (you need utilities like File Buddy
> to get at them) which might be setting the date on your demo.

> --
> Michael Vilain, Certified Rolfer(R)

> http://www.vilain.com



Thu, 15 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 RB & VB
Check for an invisible file called "Icon" in the prefs folder, a few apps do
that.

Quote:



> >HI. I downloaded the alpha/beta release of real basic to check it out. I
> >have run a demo of real basic some time back and now the alpha/beta
> >version
> >is throwing up a a dialog wanting me to get a license to the product. I
> >don't want to do that at this time. I simply want to evaluate RB in
> >relation
> >to VB and see how easily it is to do database work. Any way around this
> >dialog?

> It was my understanding that the demo version of Realbasic didn't
> have the database functions in it or that they were limited to
> 25 records.  If you want test the demo, it will ask for a license
> but still run in a limited mode.

> You might want to look in your system preferences folder
> for a realbasic preferences file and delete it.  Also look
> for any 'invisible' files (you need utilities like File Buddy
> to get at them) which might be setting the date on your demo.

> --
> Michael Vilain, Certified Rolfer(R)

> http://www.vilain.com

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                   The tru7h is out there...
                               http://marathon.bungie.org
                          http://marathon.bungie.org/story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Mail me: aboutthismac (at) hotmail (dot) com
      ATM (about this mac) http://members.xoom.com/atmguy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thu, 15 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 RB & VB

Do the utilities for converting VB apps to RB apps support VB user controls
and  VB's binding of visual objects to data controls and vb classes?

Is someone working on a DAO or ADO clone layer for the RB database system?

--
James Gregurich
Visual Basic Application Developer/Consultant
Antares Computer Systems
(www.antaresnet.com)  ph225-922-7748 x130



Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 11 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. From VB to RB

2. VB -> RB

3. Porting From VB to RB?

4. RB, VB, Cross-platform Development and Bug Reports

5. Porting RB to VB

6. VB -> RB conversions

7. VB to RB

8. VB to RB question

9. Newbie wants to know: RB to W95 or VB to RB?

10. Getting PCI & ISA info in VB

11. clarion & vb

12. Clarion & VB

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software