PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?
Author Message
 PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

Hi,

In a push button's action handler, I put this code:

dim i as integer

EPM1.deleteAllRows
for i=0 to 1000
EPM1.AddRow str(i) 'EPM1 is a popupMenu
next

When I go up to the end of the popupMenu, I see this:

997
998
999
temp
1000

What's the "temp" item's meaning? Thanks...

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:14:27 GMT
 PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

Quote:

> Hi,

> In a push button's action handler, I put this code:

> dim i as integer

> EPM1.deleteAllRows
> for i=0 to 1000
> EPM1.AddRow str(i) 'EPM1 is a popupMenu
> next

> When I go up to the end of the popupMenu, I see this:

> 997
> 998
> 999
> temp
> 1000

not exactly : you get 997, 998, temp (instead of 999) and 1000 and if
you select the temp item, then you get the correct text 999 !

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:34:08 GMT
 PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > In a push button's action handler, I put this code:

> > dim i as integer

> > EPM1.deleteAllRows
> > for i=0 to 1000
> > EPM1.AddRow str(i) 'EPM1 is a popupMenu
> > next

> > When I go up to the end of the popupMenu, I see this:

> > 997
> > 998
> > 999
> > temp
> > 1000

> not exactly : you get 997, 998, temp (instead of 999) and 1000 and if
> you select the temp item, then you get the correct text 999 !

Oops, a mistake! Thanks! But why is it "temp"?

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:29:27 GMT
 PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

Quote:

> Oops, a mistake! Thanks! But why is it "temp"?

I'm very interested to know that ! But do you *really* need a menu with
one thousand items ?

Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:30:42 GMT
 PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

Quote:

> > Oops, a mistake! Thanks! But why is it "temp"?

> I'm very interested to know that ! But do you *really* need a menu with
> one thousand items ?

Yes, I can reduce it, of course...

Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:53:54 GMT
 PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

Quote:

> > > Oops, a mistake! Thanks! But why is it "temp"?

> > I'm very interested to know that ! But do you *really* need a menu with
> > one thousand items ?

> Yes, I can reduce it, of course...

You might want to consider that.  And report the incident as a potential bug
to RS.

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 03:36:27 GMT

1. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, C4 BUGS

2. Bug: WinTk crashing menu bug

3. Bug with the Apple menu ?

4. PopupMenu Bug?

5. Very long popupmenu bug?

6. popupmenu bug on windows

7. Tix PopupMenu bug

8. PopUpMenu bug in ST80 4.0/Win 3.0?

9. bug in 8.2/windows menu item delete in middle of menu

10. Tk81a1 Win32 Menu Bugs: System menu; Booleans

11. BUG: Numeric Keypad Accelerator bug...

12. XP Manifest Bug or CW Bug