RB5/Postgres a no-go?
Author Message
 RB5/Postgres a no-go?

I purchased RB5 with the intent of developing front ends to some Postgres
databases. No matter what I do I cannot connect to a PostgreSQL
database...the server is definitely running, other apps including one I
wrote in Cocoa/ObjC can see the data no problem. Is the PostgreSQL plug-in
being updated at all? I've read that 4.5 worked fine, but that's not really
an option for me. BTW, this is on OS X. Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve W

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:42:52 GMT
 RB5/Postgres a no-go?
I was having the same trouble. I tried RB 5.1 and it seems to half
work now. I have one project that it freezes on connect and the other
that it works fine. The one that it seems to work ok is quite a bit
smaller than the one it fails on maybe thats the problem.

FYI, I am using MacOS 9.2.2

Jonathan K

Quote:

> I purchased RB5 with the intent of developing front ends to some Postgres
> databases. No matter what I do I cannot connect to a PostgreSQL
> database...the server is definitely running, other apps including one I
> wrote in Cocoa/ObjC can see the data no problem. Is the PostgreSQL plug-in
> being updated at all? I've read that 4.5 worked fine, but that's not really
> an option for me. BTW, this is on OS X. Any advice would be appreciated.

> Steve W

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 04:31:59 GMT
 RB5/Postgres a no-go?
Thanks...this project is very small, and I have updated to 5.1, still a
no-go. Will have to wait it out I guess...

Steve W

Quote:
> I was having the same trouble. I tried RB 5.1 and it seems to half
> work now. I have one project that it freezes on connect and the other
> that it works fine. The one that it seems to work ok is quite a bit
> smaller than the one it fails on maybe thats the problem.

> FYI, I am using MacOS 9.2.2

> Jonathan K

Quote:
> > I purchased RB5 with the intent of developing front ends to some
Postgres
> > databases. No matter what I do I cannot connect to a PostgreSQL
> > database...the server is definitely running, other apps including one I
> > wrote in Cocoa/ObjC can see the data no problem. Is the PostgreSQL
plug-in
> > being updated at all? I've read that 4.5 worked fine, but that's not
really
> > an option for me. BTW, this is on OS X. Any advice would be appreciated.

> > Steve W

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:36:33 GMT
 RB5/Postgres a no-go?
What version of PostgreSQL are you using out of curiosity? Also did
you update your plugins. Just trying to gather some info. On another
note the guy I work with seems to have the plugin working except when
he tries to populate a listbox with some of the data it bombs out
pretty quickly. He submited it to RB they were going to look into it
and see if it was them or something to do with Postgres

Oh well I wish it worked better also.

Jonathan

Quote:

> Thanks...this project is very small, and I have updated to 5.1, still a
> no-go. Will have to wait it out I guess...

> Steve W

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:35:49 GMT
 RB5/Postgres a no-go?
Here is what I have determined about RealBasic 5.1 and the PostgeSQL plugin.

- Freezes on connect if database doesn't exist.
- Freezes MacOS X on call of the close method.
- Connect and Close seem to work fine in Win32 builds.

Is this the same for other people?

Jonathan

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 01:24:18 GMT
 RB5/Postgres a no-go?
Well, I've tried many times over the last few days to get it to work, it
cannot connect to the simplest postgres db no matter what. I've resorted to
Cocoa for this one particular project...

Steve W

Quote:
> Here is what I have determined about RealBasic 5.1 and the PostgeSQL
plugin.

> - Freezes on connect if database doesn't exist.
> - Freezes MacOS X on call of the close method.
> - Connect and Close seem to work fine in Win32 builds.

> Is this the same for other people?

> Jonathan

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:23:38 GMT

1. HELP! PyWin Debugger on Win95/Ger NOGO

2. RB5.1 popupMenu.addrow error

3. RB5&Windows

4. Bullet Point Problems in RB5.0

5. Deleting the MenuBar in RB5.1b3 crashes Debugger and Compiled App

6. Help w/ RB5 HTTPSocket

7. smtpsocket and RB5

8. Compiler Error RB5

9. I am sorry but RB5 is totally buggy...

10. Brushed Metal and Translucent Sheets in RB5?

11. Windows Installer - a go/no-go (in)decision

12. Going (Gone) Nuts !!!