Hierarchical listbox /w Wide Selection
Author Message
 Hierarchical listbox /w Wide Selection

Hi all!

The case: using RB4 on OS9 I'd like to have best of both worlds... A
standard RB listbox with the hierarchical looks (only for the looks -
you know, the white lines, etc - , no hierarchical items are used!) and
a wide selection (as with the non-hierarchical listbox). Couldn't find
anything so far to do this in an easy way.
Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanx!
S.

--
Spamtrap: notmail is hotmail

Light travels faster than sound.
That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:02:29 GMT
 Hierarchical listbox /w Wide Selection

Quote:

> The case: using RB4 on OS9 I'd like to have best of both worlds... A
> standard RB listbox with the hierarchical looks (only for the looks -
> you know, the white lines, etc - , no hierarchical items are used!) and
> a wide selection (as with the non-hierarchical listbox). Couldn't find
> anything so far to do this in an easy way.
> Is this possible, and if so, how?

My guess is that you should handle CellBackgroundPaint for selected
rows. Paint with the hilight color.

--

http://www.pensee.com/dunham/
    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 03:47:44 GMT
 Hierarchical listbox /w Wide Selection

Quote:
> i all!

> The case: using RB4 on OS9 I'd like to have best of both worlds... A
> standard RB listbox with the hierarchical looks (only for the looks -
> you know, the white lines, etc - , no hierarchical items are used!) and
> a wide selection (as with the non-hierarchical listbox). Couldn't find
> anything so far to do this in an easy way.
> Is this possible, and if so, how?

> Thanx!
> S.

that's no problem !!!!

shall I send ya the class ??

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:38:30 GMT
 Hierarchical listbox /w Wide Selection

Quote:

> > i all!

> > The case: using RB4 on OS9 I'd like to have best of both worlds... A
> > standard RB listbox with the hierarchical looks (only for the looks -
> > you know, the white lines, etc - , no hierarchical items are used!) and
> > a wide selection (as with the non-hierarchical listbox). Couldn't find
> > anything so far to do this in an easy way.
> > Is this possible, and if so, how?

> > Thanx!
> > S.

> that's no problem !!!!

> shall I send ya the class ??

Yes, please! That would be very nice.

Thanks in advance.

S.

--
Spamtrap: notmail is hotmail

Light travels faster than sound.
That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:51:37 GMT

1. Linking ComboBox Selection to Listbox selection

2. Problem: Dual listboxes, selection set in one clears selection in other

3. Dynamic modification of Listbox selections via selection get

4. Hierarchical listbox: hot to test for sublistitem

5. Wanted: Simple draggable hierarchical listbox, not RAM hog, custom icons, row height

6. hierarchical listbox

7. Hierarchical Listbox?

8. making a listbox wider

9. Listbox selection

10. Setting listbox selections

11. multiple selections in listboxes

12. Problems with multiple selection in listbox AND windows