"Historical" question about Basic
Author Message
 "Historical" question about Basic

Hello,

This post may be a bit off-topic, so I apologize for this to everyone who
thinks so...

I'm taking part in a competition in computing and today I was given the
following question:
*
In December 1990 Microsoft sold a round amount of Microsoft BASIC, how many?
*

I searched for the answer on the Internet for a long time, but frankly
saying, I found nothing about this....
I thought about checking it in some books (about history of Microsoft or
Basic, or something like "Business fast as a thought" by Gates), but I don't
have any which would match this question...

Could someone help?

Thanks much,
Tomek

PS. I have to answer this problem in five hours....

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 02:27:22 GMT
 "Historical" question about Basic
And your # hours and 3 minuted too late...

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:36:58 GMT
 "Historical" question about Basic

Quote:

> And your # hours and 3 minuted too late...

and 3 nano-seconds.

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:40:29 GMT
 "Historical" question about Basic

Quote:

> Hello,
> *
> In December 1990 Microsoft sold a round amount of Microsoft BASIC, how many?
> *

> I searched for the answer on the Internet for a long time, but frankly
> saying, I found nothing about this....

Do you remember the C64 or the AppleII?
They had both BASIC Interpreters from Microsoft...

Mfg
Christian

--
Besuchen Sie mich auf der Cebit!
Vom 13. bis zum 20. M?rz 2002 auf dem Stand A15 in Halle 11.

http://www.christians-software.de

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:24:54 GMT

1. looking for "historical" Forths

2. beginners "let"/"random" question

3. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

4. Visual Basic to go "Object Oriented"

5. Problem about "comp.lang.basic.realbasic"…

6. Power BASIC "ARRAY" commands

7. "BASIC to REXX" translation

8. Wanted GW Basic "like" interpretor/compiler

9. Basic Properties of Lists ("foreward")

10. basic trouble with "info command"

12. Parsing ""D""?