Weird font color problem in OS X?
Author Message
 Weird font color problem in OS X?

I have a shareware program which I compiled for MacOSX as well as OS 8.x -
9.x.

I tested the OS X version on an old iMac I have, running the original OS X.
It works fine.

But now two people have told me this:

"I haven't really been able to test {*filter*}netic Dietician as
there seems to be a bug.  When opening the program various lettering
images  are in multiple colors of the spectrum and very difficult to
read. Clicking in various places changes this multicolored phenomena
into ever changing shades. I have a Power Mac G4 (digital audio version)
new as of 2/12/02,  OS X 10.1.2."

The other user reported that when they run their computer with less colors
(16 bit), the program looks fine.

When the first person told me this, I thought it was just their computer.
But now I'm concerned.

Has anybody heard anything like this?  My program is very simple, it's not
like I'm doing anything fancy at all.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:29:27 GMT
 Weird font color problem in OS X?

Quote:

> Has anybody heard anything like this?

Yup, this was a problem in some version of RB under OS X and was fixed
a while back.  I don't remember what version fixed it -- 3.5.2, maybe?
I'm pretty sure it worked in 3.5.2, but I don't remember if it's fixed
in any older versions or not.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:41:12 GMT

1. RB 3.2.1 compiling for OS X makes weird colors

2. Weird browse color problem ...

3. Weird font problem in Tk8.3

4. (newbie) A very weird Python CGI problem, possibly related to os.system

5. Changing font color/size and background color with Tile

6. VX-REXX: Problems with font and color palette drag and drop

7. Font Problem between OS/2 and Windows

8. Problem with Small Fonts Big Fonts

9. Problems with picture (256 color) on desktop with colorsettings 256 colors

10. colors and fonts in VW workspace?

11. HELP: System Fonts and Background Color

12. change font color of disabled item