Listbox doesn't get scroll bars
Author Message
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

My window has a Listbox (subclass); the window's Open event populates
it. I call AddRow enough times that there is one row scrolled off the
bottom.

Under Mac OS X, the scroll bar doesn't show up unless I click in the
list. Under Win 98, the scroll bar is visible right away. Is there some
trick?

(I should probably go read the docs, but since lists basically just
work, I haven't really had to yet...)

--

http://www.*-*-*.com/
    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:01:14 GMT
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

Quote:

> Under Mac OS X, the scroll bar doesn't show up unless I click in the
> list.

Do you have the properties for Scrollbars on true?

Mfg
Christian

--
Besuchen Sie mich auf der Cebit!
Vom 13. bis zum 20. M?rz 2002 auf dem Stand A15 in Halle 11.

http://www.christians-software.de

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:37:44 GMT
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

Quote:

> > Under Mac OS X, the scroll bar doesn't show up unless I click in the
> > list.

> Do you have the properties for Scrollbars on true?

Yes.

And I realize I wasn't very precise.

Under Classic or Windows, I get a proper scrollbar.

Under OS X, there is a scroll bar drawn, but it has no arrows or
thumbs, it's the look of a scroll bar with no scroll range. When I
click in my Listbox (if it's not on the scroll bar or headers), the
scroll bar suddenly gets the arrows and thumb. This is probably a bug.

--

http://www.pensee.com/dunham/
    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."
    "What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:53:30 GMT
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

Quote:

> This is probably a bug.

It's a refresh bug. Use Realbugs to complain to RS.

Mfg
Christian

--
Besuchen Sie mich auf der Cebit!
Vom 13. bis zum 20. M?rz 2002 auf dem Stand A15 in Halle 11.

http://www.christians-software.de

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:40:13 GMT
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

Quote:

> It's a refresh bug. Use Realbugs to complain to RS.

I don't think so, because adding a Refresh message doesn't fix it.

I'll report it.

--

http://www.pensee.com/dunham/
    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."
    "What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:02:21 GMT
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

Quote:
> It's a refresh bug. Use Realbugs to complain to RS.

Would calling Me.Refresh in the Open Event handler in the listbox's
window help?

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:31:35 GMT
 Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

Quote:

> > It's a refresh bug. Use Realbugs to complain to RS.

> Would calling Me.Refresh in the Open Event handler in the listbox's
> window help?

No, I tried that.

I'm pretty sure it just needs to be told to recalibrate its scroll bar.

AHA! If I set theList.scrollPosition = 0 in my window's Open handler, I
get the scroll bar. That's one more workaround...

--

http://www.pensee.com/dunham/
    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."
    "What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:10:20 GMT

1. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

2. scroll bar of thw browse doesn't work

3. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

4. Width/height of scroll bar in listbox

5. Listbox with a queue, scroll bars?

6. ListBox Vertical Scroll Bar

7. Text'n'listbox scrolling problem

8. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars? (fwd)

9. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars?

10. CW2001.01 Scroll bars don't work on lists

11. Scroll bars on browse box'es

12. Need to access DataWindow's Vert Scroll Bar