How to delete a line in an editfielt?
Author Message
 How to delete a line in an editfielt?

hi folks

I'm relatively new to RB - and an old HyperCard scripter.

Problem description:

I have an Editfield (called "Resultat6") of, say, 25 lines.
Now I want a button to delete line 1 of that field (and perhaps also
different lines).
The line(s) I want to delete end with the string ".00"  (without quotes)

in HyperTalk this was pretty easy:
"delete line 1 of card field 2"

How can I achieve the same function in REALbasic?

thanks!
Kurt

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:28:48 GMT
 How to delete a line in an editfielt?

Quote:

> How can I achieve the same function in REALbasic?

look using instr for chr(13) in your text of the editfield and replace
the text with a text without the lines you don't want.

Mfg
Christian

--
PS: Rechtschreibefehler entstehen nur durch die
elektronische Uebertragung und sind daher vom Autor nicht gewollt.

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:49:23 GMT

1. find a key word and delete 5 lines before it and 5 lines after this

2. delete first 3 characters from any line

3. deleting newline from last line in file

4. deleting repeated lines

5. Delete empty lines

6. Newbie Help required: Deleting double entries in a line ($0)

7. Deleting lines in a file

8. delete 1 followed by 3 lines

9. Delete lines using AWK.

10. how to delete the a line in a file

11. Deleting a line, from inside a script ?

12. Delete remaining lines below a found string?