Control arrays in custom controls
Author Message
 Control arrays in custom controls

Hi!

If somebody could help me with this I would be most grateful.

I have two custom controls in a window.
One of them need to have control over the other.
I can do this by defining a variable in the controlling class and walk
through existing controls until it finds a control that 2isa2 control of the
other custom control.
So far so good, but now, the problem,
The obeying control need to be a control array which I would like to
dynamically create from within the controlling class. I've been able to get
the index of the control from within my custom class but can't figure out
how to clone it. I'm also not sure if this is at all possible. The
alternative would be to create the control array in the windows open event
and then go through all controls, mapping them to an array in the
controlling class.

Could anybody tell me if this is possible, and if so, maybe show me some
kind of example code?

Kind regards
M?ns

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Control arrays in custom controls

Quote:

> Hi!
> If somebody could help me with this I would be most grateful.
> to have control over the other. I can do this by defining a variable
> in the controlling class and walk through existing controls until it
> finds a control that 2isa2 control of the other custom control. So
> far so good, but now, the problem, The obeying control need to be a
> control array which I would like to dynamically create from within
> the controlling class. I've been able to get the index of the control
> from within my custom class but can't figure out how to clone it. I'm
> also not sure if this is at all possible. The alternative would be to
> create the control array in the windows open event and then go
> through all controls, mapping them to an array in the controlling
> class.
> Could anybody tell me if this is possible, and if so, maybe show me
> some kind of example code?

I dont know about that, but maybe you could try the control array
class on my website?

--
http://www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk/programmer/
My realbasic programming site. Home of editfield2, fastnthfield, windows log

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delete a control from a control array

2. Can a control reference its control array?

3. Accessing a control from control array

4. control arrays and menu arrays

5. Dynamically adding custom controls to new classes

6. Help a Newbie Create a Custom Edit-Field Control

7. Custom controls and focus

8. VAST Help needed - Creating class wrapper fo C++ Custom control DLL

9. How to add a Custom control

10. The cost of PPS custom UI controls

11. The cost of PPS custom UI controls

12. SocketWrench Custom Control