RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2
Author Message
 RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2

Hello.

Is this a know bug:
A lot of the RB apps I've built (compiled) under OSX 10.1.5 (and that
work perfectly under 10.1.5) crash when my friends launch them under
OSX 10.2 !

This is really annoying! My apps are released and they crash for
Jaguar users!

Has anyone had the same problem?

Regards,
Pascal.

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:29:30 GMT
 RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2

Quote:

> Is this a know bug:
> A lot of the RB apps I've built (compiled) under OSX 10.1.5 (and that
> work perfectly under 10.1.5) crash when my friends launch them under
> OSX 10.2 !

Nope.  Our test apps work just fine, with a few minor exceptions, most
of them fixed in 4.5.1fc3 -- the only remaining known issues are that
AppleEvents aren't working very well, and on some machines, RB apps
crash on quit under some circumstances.

Please narrow down what's causing the crashes in your case, and then
report it with REALbugs ASAP.  The window for getting fixes into 4.5.1
is closing soon.

Thanks,
- Joe

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:59:08 GMT
 RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2

Quote:

> > Is this a know bug:
> > A lot of the RB apps I've built (compiled) under OSX 10.1.5 (and that
> > work perfectly under 10.1.5) crash when my friends launch them under
> > OSX 10.2 !

> Nope.  Our test apps work just fine, with a few minor exceptions, most
> of them fixed in 4.5.1fc3 -- the only remaining known issues are that
> AppleEvents aren't working very well, and on some machines, RB apps
> crash on quit under some circumstances.

> Please narrow down what's causing the crashes in your case, and then
> report it with REALbugs ASAP.  The window for getting fixes into 4.5.1
> is closing soon.

Are you planning on fixing the AppleEvents and crash on quit issues in
4.5.1?  Yeah, I know, you can't tell 'cause you'll get sued if you say
yes and then don't deliver.

- Joe "has both issues"

--
PGP Key (DH/DSS): http://www.shimkus.com/public_key.asc
PGP Fingerprint:  89B4 52DA CF10 EE03 02AD  9134 21C6 2A68 CE52 EE1A

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:23:46 GMT

1. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash...

2. RB 4.5 app unexpectedly quits under 10.2

3. RB crashes Error Type 10

4. RB and ODBC under 10.2

5. RB And OS X 10.2 (jaguar)

6. Crashing with X 10.2

7. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

8. Problem building Tk 8.4a3 on hp-ux 10.2

9. Building Python 2.2.2 with aqua Tk support on MacOS X 10.2 -- instructions

10. PC applications built with RB crash

11. Slow running built RB apps on G3/400 system

12. Building a Windows installer for an RB app