LPRINT in PB/cc
Author Message
 LPRINT in PB/cc

Hi,

  Has anyone used/tested the LPRINT command in PB/cc on those H/P printers
that came WITHOUT their own fonts? I can't remember the model numbers but they
were sold (here in Europe at least) as 'Windows Printers'.

TIA,

   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LPRINT in PB/cc
Don, with Windows-Only (GDI) Printers, you have to use the Windows
Printing System (WPS) via the API to print, LPRINT in PB/CC simply
will not work.

Note that some printer driver's are capable of handling the
translation from a  DOS application providing the printer is attached
to LPT1, and it is set as the default printer).  In these
circumstances, I'm fairly sure that PB/CC apps (which are 32-bit) will
not be able to work like they do for pure DOS apps.

There is sample code on the PB BBS to show you how to use the WPS...
check it out in the source code forum (view files from past year), and
look for ENUMFONTFAMILIES in the thread title.

Quote:

>Hi,

>  Has anyone used/tested the LPRINT command in PB/cc on those H/P printers
>that came WITHOUT their own fonts? I can't remember the model numbers but they
>were sold (here in Europe at least) as 'Windows Printers'.

>TIA,

>   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
>  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

>  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
>  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
>      Vertical Software Solutions

Lance
powerbasic Support

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. PB/cc and LPRINT

2. PB/CC's LPRINT and Network Queues

3. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

4. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

5. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

6. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC

7. animated characters, speech input/output in PB/DLL and PB/CC

8. email enable PB/DLL-PB/CC using Outlook

9. SQL, ADO/OLE-DB programming in PB/DLL and PB/CC

10. NUL device not working in PB/CC?

11. dir_trav.bas pb/cc 2.11 directory traverse program

12. pb/cc REGEXPR example misleading