dumb terminal program needed for PBDLL60
Author Message
 dumb terminal program needed for PBDLL60

I am looking for a "dumb terminal" program usable with PB DLL 6.0.

The example program "comm" that comes with PBDLL60 does not really
look like a terminal, but has a window for the text being sent and the
comm parameters are hard coded.

What I would like is a version with a menu, and possibly a toolbar,
(much like the example programs "skeleton" and "pbnote") but with
menu selectable comm parameters, etc.

Sort of like Hyperterminal that comes with Windows, but not needing
the upload and download stuff.

Hate to sound so "gimme", but I have not learned enough about Windows
programming to be able to combine "comm" with "skeleton" to get what I
want. The two programs do not appear similar enough at all to combine.

I figure someone has to have done this already.

--

Industrologic, Inc.   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 29 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dumb terminal program needed for PBDLL60
Gary, I seem to recall that someone who visits the powerbasic web BBS
has done this by taking the COMM example and bolting on an operational
GUI interface using DDT...

Try asking in the Programming forum.   To get to the web BBS, click
the FORUMS link.:

Quote:

>I am looking for a "dumb terminal" program usable with PB DLL 6.0.
>The example program "comm" that comes with PBDLL60 does not really
>look like a terminal, but has a window for the text being sent and the
>comm parameters are hard coded.
>What I would like is a version with a menu, and possibly a toolbar,
>(much like the example programs "skeleton" and "pbnote") but with
>menu selectable comm parameters, etc.
>Sort of like Hyperterminal that comes with Windows, but not needing
>the upload and download stuff.
>Hate to sound so "gimme", but I have not learned enough about Windows
>programming to be able to combine "comm" with "skeleton" to get what I
>want. The two programs do not appear similar enough at all to combine.
>I figure someone has to have done this already.

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl/Tk dumb terminal program

2. need PB/DLL 2.0 dumb terminal source

3. Dumb terminal

4. Dumb Terminal

5. Serial interface problem (dumb terminal emulation)

6. Expect to emulate Dumb Terminal

7. GPF goes away when use debugger...or Dumb and Dumber

8. Dumb newbie asks dumber question

9. Asm in PBDLL60

10. NT Service in PBDLL60

11. FTP client in PBDLL60

12. Need a simple, "dumb" terminal interface to PC serial port