REM NOREM
Author Message
 REM NOREM

Just an idea.

It would make it possible to write programs, which would compile with
both MS Basic and powerbasic.
--
Svend Olaf

Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:49:46 GMT
 REM NOREM

Quote:
> Just an idea.

> [REM NOREM] .. would make it possible to write programs, which would
compile with
> both MS Basic and Powerbasic.

You don't need REM/NOREM to do that..

Here's one I wrote which runs/compiles  "as is" in QBasic, QuickBASIC and
PowerBASIC...

http://www.providerpaymentpartner.com/tsihome_html/downloads/Factor.zip

"Tutorial and source code for Qbasic, QuickBASIC and PowerBASIC showing a
technique to calculate [the factorials of ] large numbers to at least 154
significant digits. Freeware"

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems, Inc.

Quote:
> Svend Olaf

Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:46:49 GMT
 REM NOREM
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:46:49 GMT, "Michael Mattias"

Quote:

>You don't need REM/NOREM to do that..

>Here's one I wrote which runs/compiles  "as is" in QBasic, QuickBASIC and
>PowerBASIC...

(Input is not in CC).

Well, yes, Powerbasic (at least some versions) is surprisingly
compatible with MS Basic, and because of that, it would be convenient
with some easy way to way to eliminate the need for two sources.

Example:

rem norem #if 0
stack 20000
rem norem #endif

Or if "''" is chosen:

''#if 0
stack 20000
''#endif

(I am aware that MS Basic rem $include could solve this particular
problem).

It may not be realistic that it is implemented, so another solution
would be a preprocessor. Rename the compiler, give a preprocessor the
name, it may work.
--
Svend Olaf

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:06:58 GMT

1. SM/REM FM/MOD and UM/MOD on a 32bit cell ix86 Forth

2. test - rem

3. LOGO-L>How to rem a line like in Basic

4. REM operator

5. REM: BayPIGgies mtg Wed 12/11 7:30pm

6. MOD, REM, et al

7. DIV, MOD, /, REM (M2,O2)