PB/CC
Author Message
 PB/CC

PB REALLY BUILDS A GOOD COMPILER, BUT IT REALLY SUCKS, BIG TIME, WHEN IT
COMES TO USER INTERFACE TOOLS. THAT IS WHAT REALLY TURNS ME OFF PB/DLL. SO
HOW ABOUT PB/CC? CAN I USE VISION FOR PB 3.5 WITH PB/CC TO BUILD AN
INTERFACE?
THX, PETER

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PB/CC

Unfortunately - no.

There are, however, a few options. Check out Console Tools from Perfect Sync
(http://www.perfectsync.com) for some PB/CC help. This will keep you in
character mode, but will give you some help in the UI area.

If you really want a nice UI, check out EZGUI (http://www.ezgui.com) or one
of the interface designers talked about on the PB forums. These use PB/DLL
to give you a full blown Windows interface. They may or may not be as slick
as Vision -- don't know, haven't used them -- but they are getting great
reviews by their users.

Quote:
> PB REALLY BUILDS A GOOD COMPILER, BUT IT REALLY SUCKS, BIG TIME, WHEN IT
> COMES TO USER INTERFACE TOOLS. THAT IS WHAT REALLY TURNS ME OFF PB/DLL. SO
> HOW ABOUT PB/CC? CAN I USE VISION FOR PB 3.5 WITH PB/CC TO BUILD AN
> INTERFACE?
> THX, PETER

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PB/CC
Yes, EZGUI makes GUI design in PB DLL much easier.

I am the developer of EZGUI. While EZGUI 1.0 is only the first generation of
my tool, I believe it is the "beginning" of a lot more "Visual Design" tools
for PB.

My goal in designing EZGUI 1.0, was to demonstrate that "it can be done" and
that it would "encourage" more development of Visual Design tools for PB.
Right now I am working on a conversion of the EZGUI Visual Designer that
will produce DDT code.

Some of my Beta testers (and some customers also) are VB programmers and
they find EZGUI a great way to move from VB to PB. The idea of creating an
application that easily fits on a single floppy amazes them.

While EZGUIs visual designer is only rudementary (at least compared to VB),
it is a real beginning.

Chris Boss

Quote:

>Unfortunately - no.

>There are, however, a few options. Check out Console Tools from Perfect
Sync
>(http://www.perfectsync.com) for some PB/CC help. This will keep you in
>character mode, but will give you some help in the UI area.

>If you really want a nice UI, check out EZGUI (http://www.ezgui.com) or one
>of the interface designers talked about on the PB forums. These use PB/DLL
>to give you a full blown Windows interface. They may or may not be as slick
>as Vision -- don't know, haven't used them -- but they are getting great
>reviews by their users.

>> PB REALLY BUILDS A GOOD COMPILER, BUT IT REALLY SUCKS, BIG TIME, WHEN IT
>> COMES TO USER INTERFACE TOOLS. THAT IS WHAT REALLY TURNS ME OFF PB/DLL.
SO
>> HOW ABOUT PB/CC? CAN I USE VISION FOR PB 3.5 WITH PB/CC TO BUILD AN
>> INTERFACE?
>> THX, PETER

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

2. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

3. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

4. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC

5. animated characters, speech input/output in PB/DLL and PB/CC

6. email enable PB/DLL-PB/CC using Outlook

7. SQL, ADO/OLE-DB programming in PB/DLL and PB/CC

8. NUL device not working in PB/CC?

9. dir_trav.bas pb/cc 2.11 directory traverse program

10. pb/cc REGEXPR example misleading

11. pb/cc 2.11 FORMAT$ question / suggestion

12. Buying PB/CC....??