Scroll bars(?) and dialog boxes
Author Message
 Scroll bars(?) and dialog boxes

Two problems.

1.) I need to "animate" by holding down the mouse button. I can't get hold of
the mouse through Windows, not even by using in-line assembly. The only thing
that continually sends messages are scroll bars, but I don't want the look of
the scroll buttons with the blank space between. I want buttons side-by-side,
ownerdraw types. But they only send a %WM_COMMAND message when released.

An example of something I'm trying to achieve can be found if you have the 16
bit shareware version of Paint Shop Pro, version 3.01. The "zoom" toolbar has
the very thing. Also the "save gif" option of transparency has a similar
scroll-type feature that works with the mouse button held down.

2.) I wrote of this before, but I'll try again. While in Paint Shop Pro (16
bit) pull down the HELP/ABOUT dialog box. It's totally gray. Have the "zoom"
toolbox open next to it. Click back and forth between the two windows. You can
catch (depending on the screen refresh) the characteristic blue lines of the
dialog box just before being overwritten in gray. I can "overwrite" the blue
borders of the normal 16 bit dialog box with 4 static "sibling" windows
created during %WM_INITDIALOG. I can also fill the interior of the dialog box
with a "static" control having a style of %SS_GRAYRECT, but am having a bear
of a problem writing on it's surface. Anyone done this before? It sure makes a
16 bit program look professional.

Note: LView Pro 1.B/16 also has the same type of gray dialog. It too can be
"caught in the act" by clicking between it and another program window.

Thanks,
Dave

Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll bars(?) and dialog boxes

Quote:

>1.) I need to "animate" by holding down the mouse button. I can't get hold of
>the mouse through Windows, not even by using in-line assembly. The only thing
>that continually sends messages are scroll bars, but I don't want the look of
>the scroll buttons with the blank space between. I want buttons side-by-side,
>ownerdraw types. But they only send a %WM_COMMAND message when released.

Maybe you need a timer. Probably.

Quote:
>2.)
>Note: LView Pro 1.B/16 also has the same type of gray dialog. It too can be
>"caught in the act" by clicking between it and another program window.

Oh, that is done using ctl3d.dll or (preferably) ctl3dv2.dll. It's a
freely available DLL originally part of an older version of MS-Office. I
have already succesfully used it in VB3. There is some demo code
downloadable from somewhere on the internet, though I personally am more
pleased with my own adaptations (for VB3) :-). I also have the ctl3d.hlp
Helpfile, of which I'm not sure where it came from; probably part of a C
compiler installation. I think this would be the documentation you
really want. Mail me if you can't find it. It IS for 16-bit, isn't it?

        Bart.

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

2. Scroll Bars on List Box

3. Total Box on a browse with scroll bars

4. Scroll bars on browse box'es

5. set scroll bar position list box

6. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars? (fwd)

7. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars?

8. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

9. text widget / scroll bar / automatic scrolling

10. problems with dialog box - list boxes

11. ASPAP: How do you change your scroll bars to be flat scroll bars?

12. Listbox doesn't get scroll bars