Long Filenames
Author Message
 Long Filenames

Pardon me, can you give me an advice how to get a possibility to use long
filenames in Power Basic Programming ?

phone: + 43 / 1 / 310 89 01
fax after getting me to boot up my computer: + 43 / 1 / 310 89 01
Residence:
Glasergasse 9/16
1090 Vienna
Austria / European Union

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames
LFN's are very easy to add. I did that for the current version of QuickPak
Pro for powerbasic.
 Basically, look at Ralf Browns interrupt list. There is an entire section
on LFN's and checking windows version to make sure you can use them.
   --Barry

Quote:

> >Pardon me, can you give me an advice how to get a possibility to use long
> >filenames in Power Basic Programming ?

> The 32-bits versions of PB/CC and PB/DLL already have LFN support build
in.
> For PB/DOS, check out my homepage: one of the things you can download
there
> are some functions to add LFN-support.

> --
> Marc van den Dikkenberg
> --
> The PowerBasic Archives (EU) -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html
> The PowerBasic Archives (US) -- http://www.basicguru.com/dikkenberg
> All Basic Code Archives      -- http://come.to/abcpackets

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames
Sorry, I don't have the QuickPak and I don't know what is Ralf Browns
interrupt list and where to get it.
Isn't there a simple tool to download from anywhere, which delivers me the
LFN's over the output of a function(-tool) into a string variable or
somewhat similar ?

Quote:
> LFN's are very easy to add. I did that for the current version of QuickPak
> Pro for PowerBASIC.
>  Basically, look at Ralf Browns interrupt list. There is an entire section
> on LFN's and checking windows version to make sure you can use them.
>    --Barry

> > >Pardon me, can you give me an advice how to get a possibility to use
long
> > >filenames in Power Basic Programming ?

> > The 32-bits versions of PB/CC and PB/DLL already have LFN support build
> in.
> > For PB/DOS, check out my homepage: one of the things you can download
> there
> > are some functions to add LFN-support.

> > --
> > Marc van den Dikkenberg
> > --
> > The PowerBasic Archives (EU) -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html
> > The PowerBasic Archives (US) -- http://www.basicguru.com/dikkenberg
> > All Basic Code Archives      -- http://come.to/abcpackets

Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames
Do a simple Search for Ralf Brown in your Browser and you'll be there.
          --_Barry

Quote:
> Sorry, I don't have the QuickPak and I don't know what is Ralf Browns
> interrupt list and where to get it.
> Isn't there a simple tool to download from anywhere, which delivers me the
> LFN's over the output of a function(-tool) into a string variable or
> somewhat similar ?

> > LFN's are very easy to add. I did that for the current version of
QuickPak
> > Pro for PowerBASIC.
> >  Basically, look at Ralf Browns interrupt list. There is an entire
section
> > on LFN's and checking windows version to make sure you can use them.
> >    --Barry

> > > On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:49:59 +0200, "Erich Foltyn"

> long

> > > The 32-bits versions of PB/CC and PB/DLL already have LFN support
build
> > in.
> > > For PB/DOS, check out my homepage: one of the things you can download
> > there
> > > are some functions to add LFN-support.

> > > --
> > > Marc van den Dikkenberg
> > > --
> > > The PowerBasic Archives (EU) -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html
> > > The PowerBasic Archives (US) -- http://www.basicguru.com/dikkenberg
> > > All Basic Code Archives      -- http://come.to/abcpackets

Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames
: Pardon me, can you give me an advice how to get a possibility to use long
: filenames in Power Basic Programming ?

Try Hans Lunsing's PB LONG FILENAME LIBRARY V2.0
http://www.basicguru.com/abc/

--
William Yu

Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames

Quote:

>Do a simple Search for Ralf Brown in your Browser and you'll be there.

First of all Marc told him that what he needed was on Marc's site.
Next... the code's also available in the ABC packets.
Lastly...

ABC Home Pages: http://www.basicguru.com/abc/
                http://www.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca/~voxel/
                http://www.cvnet.co.uk/o.cook/abc/

Interrupts:     http://ctyme.com/rbrown.htm

   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames
Here is a sample routine:

FUNCTION Win95LongFileName (Filename AS STRING) AS STRING
        DIM SourcePath AS LOCAL STRING
        DIM DestPath AS LOCAL STRING
        DIM segSourcePath AS LOCAL INTEGER
        DIM ofsSourcePath AS LOCAL INTEGER
        DIM segDestPath AS LOCAL INTEGER
        DIM ofsDestPath AS LOCAL INTEGER

        DestPath = STRING$(260," ")
        SourcePath = Filename + CHR$(0)

        segDestPath = STRSEG(DestPath)
        ofsDestPath = STRPTR(DestPath)
        segSourcePath = STRSEG(SourcePath)
        ofsSourcePath = STRPTR(SourcePath)

        ! push bp
        ! push sp
        ! push ds
        ! push es
        ! mov ax, &h7160
        ! mov cl, &h02
        ! mov ch, &h00      ; Return path associated to SUBST drive

        ! mov si, ofsSourcePath
        ! mov di, ofsDestPath

        ! mov bx, segDestPath
        ! mov es, bx

        ! mov bx, segSourcePath
        ! mov ds, bx

        ! xor bx, bx

        ! int &h21
        ! jc Win95LongFilenameError
        ! pop es
        ! pop ds
        ! pop sp
        ! pop bp
        FUNCTION = RTRIM$(RTRIM$(DestPath),CHR$(0))
        EXIT FUNCTION

Win95LongFilenameError:
        ! pop es
        ! pop ds
        ! pop sp
        ! pop bp
        FUNCTION = ""
END FUNCTION

ATTENTION:  Fichiers joints limits 2 Mo / Files attachment up to 2 Mb

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

2. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

3. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

4. Osx long filenames truncated

5. VW2.0 under Win 95 + long filenames?

6. Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames

7. Long Filenames in Clarion

8. Long Filenames

9. drop long filenames

10. Long Filenames