pbcc formfeeds
Author Message
 pbcc formfeeds

Hi,

I like to write programs that print neatly, so I put formfeeds into
the source to page things. In PB/DOS, I'd just type

'  ctrl/P  ctrl/L

to make a comment+formfeed line.

I can't find an equivalent way to do this in PBCC, except to edit such
a line into the source with a text editor, then, in PBCC, copy/paste
where needed. Is there a more direct way to do this or, more
generally, to poke arbitrary characters into the source?

Thanks,

John

-----------------

"If anybody ever marries you, it will be for the pleasure
 of hearing you talk piffle," said Harriet, severely.

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pbcc formfeeds

|On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:13:12 -0800, John Larkin
|
|>Hi,
|>
|>I like to write programs that print neatly, so I put formfeeds into
|>the source to page things. In PB/DOS, I'd just type
|>
|>'  ctrl/P  ctrl/L
|>
|>to make a comment+formfeed line.
|>
|>I can't find an equivalent way to do this in PBCC, except to edit such
|>a line into the source with a text editor, then, in PBCC, copy/paste
|>where needed. Is there a more direct way to do this or, more
|>generally, to poke arbitrary characters into the source?
|>
|>Thanks,
|>
|>John
|
|Hi John,
|
|  You could use CHR$(15,12).
|
|C'ya,
|
|   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
|  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

|  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
|  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
|      Vertical Software Solutions

Don,

no. I want an actual formfeed character IN the source file of the
Basic program.

CHR$(15,12), when printed, would look like, well, CHR$(15,12)

Thanks,

John

-----------------

"If anybody ever marries you, it will be for the pleasure
 of hearing you talk piffle," said Harriet, severely.

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pbcc formfeeds

|Wouldn't holding down the Alt key while pressing the number pad keys 0, 1, and
|2 work?
|
|Cliff

Cliff,  doesn't seem to. With alt down, every number key just makes a
little irritating bell noise.

Thanks anyhow,

(imagine experiment here...)

Wait! This just in! If I do that with the *numeric* keypad (not the
regular number keys) it works!

Thanks!

John

-----------------

"If anybody ever marries you, it will be for the pleasure
 of hearing you talk piffle," said Harriet, severely.

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pbcc formfeeds
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:13:12 -0800, John Larkin

Quote:

>Hi,

>I like to write programs that print neatly, so I put formfeeds into
>the source to page things. In PB/DOS, I'd just type

>'  ctrl/P  ctrl/L

>to make a comment+formfeed line.

>I can't find an equivalent way to do this in PBCC, except to edit such
>a line into the source with a text editor, then, in PBCC, copy/paste
>where needed. Is there a more direct way to do this or, more
>generally, to poke arbitrary characters into the source?

>Thanks,

>John

Hi John,

  You could use CHR$(15,12).

C'ya,

   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 pbcc formfeeds

Quote:

>|On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:13:12 -0800, John Larkin

>|>Hi,
>|>
>|>I like to write programs that print neatly, so I put formfeeds into
>|>the source to page things. In PB/DOS, I'd just type
>|>
>|>'  ctrl/P  ctrl/L
>|>
>|>to make a comment+formfeed line.
>|>
>|>I can't find an equivalent way to do this in PBCC, except to edit such
>|>a line into the source with a text editor, then, in PBCC, copy/paste
>|>where needed. Is there a more direct way to do this or, more
>|>generally, to poke arbitrary characters into the source?
>|>
>|>Thanks,
>|>
>|>John
>|
>|Hi John,
>|
>|  You could use CHR$(15,12).
>|
>|C'ya,
>|
>|   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
>|  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

>|  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
>|  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
>|      Vertical Software Solutions

>Don,

>no. I want an actual formfeed character IN the source file of the
>Basic program.

>CHR$(15,12), when printed, would look like, well, CHR$(15,12)

>Thanks,

Wouldn't holding down the Alt key while pressing the number pad keys 0, 1, and
2 work?

Cliff

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to start app minimized or hidden in PBCC 3.0

2. Windows API calls and pbcc

3. how can I make functions in PBCC ?

4. PBCC - DATA OVERLAYS

5. PBCC graphics

6. PBCC question

7. PBCC and physical memory

8. PBCC Shock and Outrage

9. LPRINT PBCC 1.0

10. Get a copy of PBCC 6.0

11. Mouse disabled during redirect (PBCC)

12. PBCC reliability