PB 3.5 crash under Win98
Author Message
 PB 3.5 crash under Win98

Hi,

I'm working on a PB 3.5 program in a DOS box under Win 98 SE. The
program was doing fine, but just starting today the compiler is
crashing. The program is big (I just passed 4000 lines) so size may be
the problem.

What happens is either the compiler crashes (hard hangs) with the
little 'compile' window open, or it gives me error 517: expansion
memory fault. It likes to trash my source file, too, poking junk
control characters into it ({*filter*}!) or adding spurious text onto the
end.

The DOS box properties stuff has no EMS (spouts something about third
party software) and lots of XMS enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT