PAISLEI 2.0 Entering Beta Soon
Author Message
 PAISLEI 2.0 Entering Beta Soon

I'm mentioning this here because PAISLEI 2.0 will include support for
generating grammars in powerbasic/DLL 6.0 compatible source:

PAISLEI 2.0 will be going into beta soon, and I am seeking testers. I have a
pre-beta version available to anyone wishing to download the pre-beta before
committing to testing.

(Note: PAISLEI and LPM are copyrighted freeware.)

Screenshots of the next version can be found at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~lpm/version20/

PAISLEI is an experimental system that allows you to design adaptive recursive
descent predicate grammars using the LPM notation.

Once you have graphically designed and debugged your grammar in PAISLEI and
have convinced yourself that it is behaving on test data as you wish it to,
you can generate a potentially cross-platform compatible C++ class (derived
from the LPM class CLpmGrammar) which will accept the same data as you tested
in the IDE. Since the IDE uses the CLpmGrammar class internally during
debugging, your class will behave identically and accept the same files.

(Note to PB/DLL 6.0 users - PAISLEI 2.0 will have support for generating PB
grammars - this is in development, but will be included in the release.)

The LPM language has several features which allow it to parse certain
"classic" difficult items in the grammar, rather than in the attached code.
The examples included with PAISLEI demonstrate this.

Version 2.0 introduces some new features in the IDE, as well as new features
in the LPM pattern matcher itself. The new LPM features include, but are not
limited to:

* relaxed permutation phrases

    A loose subset of PP's as described by Dr. Rob Cameron.

* parse stack meta clauses

    Patterns can fail if the stack is not in the expected state, thereby
allowing a mechanism for patterns to change behavior depending on the stack
state at invocation. (I'd sure love to get some pointers to the literature on
this feature...)

* anonymous caller pattern cast dereferencing

    Patterns can refer to casts made by calling patterns without knowing which
pattern in particular called them.

Anyone interested in beta testing PAISLEI 2.0/LPM 3.0 should send me an email
at:

--
Quinn Tyler Jackson
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~quinn/

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. update cw 2.0 beta 1 to beta 2

2. ANN: omniORB 4.0.0 beta 2 and omniORBpy 2.0 beta 2

3. tkCVS version 2.0 released 3.0 coming soon

4. PARTS 2.0 soon available ...

5. TowerEiffel Enters Beta Test

6. ReportLab commercial toolkit enters beta testing

7. ReportLab commercial toolkit enters beta testing

8. FREE: VISUAL INSTANCES 2.0 Beta 4

9. ElastoLab 2.0 Beta 5a Released

10. Fenix: Beta 2.0 Shipped

11. VWave Server 2.0 beta...Has anyone seen it???

12. Fenix: Beta 2.0 Shipped