Windows Running?
Author Message
 Windows Running?

I need some code that will tell me if windows is running.  And also what
version.  Like: Win3.x, Win9x, WinNT 3.x, and WinNT4-5.

Thanks

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Running?
INT 2Fh sub-function 1600h - MS Windows - "WINDOWS ENHANCED MODE
INSTALLATION CHECK"
--
When replying to this message, remove all occurrences of the word "dot"
from my e-mail address.

Quote:
> I need some code that will tell me if windows is running.  And also what
> version.  Like: Win3.x, Win9x, WinNT 3.x, and WinNT4-5.

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Running?
There is a bit that gets set in the internal variable pbvHost that
reveals wheather Windows is running or not.  You'd have to do some work
with INTs to get the version, though

Quote:

> I need some code that will tell me if windows is running.  And also what
> version.  Like: Win3.x, Win9x, WinNT 3.x, and WinNT4-5.

> Thanks

Novell tips at http://www.capital.net/~ndurland/novelltips.html
For sale: Parachute.  Like new, used once.  Small stain.

Thu, 07 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Running?
On a machine running win95 with "prevent Dos programs from detecting Windows"
set to true pbvHost will not report Windows running. On such a machine you
could allways use the quick and dirty way...... shell VER and redirect the
output
to a file and read it, or use stdin.
Quote:

> There is a bit that gets set in the internal variable pbvHost that
> reveals wheather Windows is running or not.  You'd have to do some work
> with INTs to get the version, though

> > I need some code that will tell me if windows is running.  And also what
> > version.  Like: Win3.x, Win9x, WinNT 3.x, and WinNT4-5.

> > Thanks

> --

> Novell tips at http://www.capital.net/~ndurland/novelltips.html
> For sale: Parachute.  Like new, used once.  Small stain.

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows ran out of resource error while saving

2. Windows run out of resource (VAST)

3. REXX for Windows -- running a batch program

4. Is Windows running ?

5. Smalltalk/V for Windows running on OS/2

6. Re-entrancy of Topspeed Clarion 1.5 for Windows Run-Time library files.

7. Should orexx script, tokenized on windows, run on Linux?

8. Can TCL/TK code for Ms windows run under Unix Xwindows ?

9. It runs on Unix but is does not run under Windows 95/NT.

10. Running Fortran application as a DOS Windows under Windows 3.1 or 95

11. is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

12. Anyone knows how to run "package require Img" when not running x-windows / windows ?