Using API NetMessageBufferSend: Nothing!
Author Message
 Using API NetMessageBufferSend: Nothing!

Hi,

I just started looking at developing Win32 apps with PB/DLL 5
(excepting my electronic copy of PB/DLL 6), and would like to write
yet another GUI alternative to the CLI applet "net send".

I looked at a piece of code on how to do this in VB, but the code
below just stalls for a few seconds, and the program proceeds with no
pop-up window:

Declare FUNCTION NetMessageBufferSend LIB "NETAPI32.DLL" ALIAS
"NetMessageBufferSend" (server AS ASCIIZ, _
        receiver AS ASCIIZ, sender AS ASCIIZ, msg AS ASCIIZ, msglen AS
LONG) AS LONG

LOCAL lResult     AS LONG
LOCAL lpBuffer AS ASCIIZ * 255

lpBuffer ="Test"
lResult = NetMessageBufferSend("", "W2K", "", lpBuffer, len(lpBuffer))

W2K is the local host, ie. I'm sending a msg to myself.

Any idea?

Thx
FF.

Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:04:02 GMT

1. NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL!!

2. RB uses CPU even when doing nothing

3. Windows programs using nothing but assembly language

4. Using cgi.FieldStorage with enctype=multipart/form-data in SimpleHTTPServer = nothing

5. NetMessageBufferSend anyone?

6. Using SpeakText carbon API Call

7. HELP-Setting page orientation using API's

8. Using bmp from Windows API structures

9. Using QAS Rapid Post Code Address File APIs

10. Using API to read Lotus Notes DB contents

11. Printing Multiple copies using ShellExecute API Function

12. Using Free API Toolkit C4 - Legacy