Power Basic DLL 6.0
Author Message
 Power Basic DLL 6.0

I am thinking of purchasing Power Basic Dll Compiler 6.0. Does anyone care
to give me both the positives and negatives of the product? For example:
Does it have any big bugs?
Is it easy to learn?
Does it have any visual tools to help out with the interface?
Thanks

--
Randy

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 04:16:24 GMT
 Power Basic DLL 6.0
Yet again, please learn how to (*&(*^&%* post to more than one newsgroup at
at time!

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.

Quote:
> I am thinking of purchasing Power Basic Dll Compiler 6.0. Does anyone care
> to give me both the positives and negatives of the product? For example:
> Does it have any big bugs?
> Is it easy to learn?
> Does it have any visual tools to help out with the interface?
> Thanks

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:06:42 GMT
 Power Basic DLL 6.0
Your obviously too tightly wound. Try finding a friend with a crowbar, and
see if the two of you can manage to pry your head out of your ass.

--
Randy

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:29:58 GMT
 Power Basic DLL 6.0

Quote:

>I am thinking of purchasing Power Basic Dll Compiler 6.0. Does anyone care
>to give me both the positives and negatives of the product? For example:
>Does it have any big bugs?
>Is it easy to learn?
>Does it have any visual tools to help out with the interface?
>Thanks

Hi Spyke,

  I've been using it for some time now and, yes, there are bugs but nothing
serious. You'd be hard pressed to find ANY chunk of code of that size totally
bug-free.

  Ease of use is 99%. If you can program in BASIC you're home free. There are
a few things you've got to learn but it's all in the help files and mostly
cut/paste ready.

  There are some 3rd party add-ons that make interface with VB easier (I'm
told) but as I don't use VB I'm not sure what they do or how effective they
are.

  Just in case you've not discovered it yet: get on over to the PB Forums on
their web site and browse around. You'll most likely pick-up quite a bit of
info just by looking and could get some solid answers on the VB stuff.

--
C'ya,

  Don Schullian
www.DASoftVSS.com
www.basicguru.com

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:28:59 GMT
 Power Basic DLL 6.0
Hi Spyke,
I have looked at the PB DLL compiler for quite a while now (mostly from afar
without purchasing) - but I am sick and tired of VB's lack of the powerful
sting handling capabilities inherent in all powerbasics' products. PB just
lowered the price of their DLL compiler as well as their console compiler,
so I finally made the leap and purchased them both. I can't speak to their
IDE, but I, too, cannot program effectively without the ability to single
step, so I have great hopes in their upgrade (they mention they are working
on their IDE). And supposedly, if you purchase the product now, you get the
upgrade for free.

Regarding Mattias' blasts of your posts, he seems to assume that you are an
expert at posting. I am not an expert on newsgroups either, but I've never
been cussed out for making some simple procedural error. Maybe he was just
having a bad day, but it is sad to see that sort of response at all. This is
not his private club, and he doesn't make the rules. A constructive critism
with information regarding how to correct whatever it was that offended him
would have been nice, but just cussing doesn't help. Thankfully, these folks
are rare.

Andy

Quote:
> Your obviously too tightly wound. Try finding a friend with a crowbar, and
> see if the two of you can manage to pry your head out of your ass.

> --
> Randy

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:25:16 GMT

1. Power Basic CC vs Power Basic for DOS

2. Calling Fortran DLL in VIsual Basic 6.0

3. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

4. Mixed Language - DVF 6.0 DLL calling Delphi4 DLL

5. Fortran Power Station and Visual C++ 6.0

6. GNATCOM and Visual Basic 6.0

7. Solution: Installing Visual Fortran with Vis Basic 6.0 under Win XP

8. Variable exchange in Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Fortran 5.0

9. Basic help compiling Tcl with C extensions in Windows (Visual C++ 6.0)

10. Power Basic for Linux