Are PowerBasic Dead?
Author Message
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

I have been trying to contact them for some time now and all of my email
gets no response - are they bankrupt or just {*filter*}at replying to emails?

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?
Russ,

My experience is neither.

I think they are doing better than ever.  They may be closed for the
holidays.

I would post your questions on their bulletin board for best results.

www. powerbasic.com amd follow the links.

Paul

Quote:
> I have been trying to contact them for some time now and all of my email
> gets no response - are they bankrupt or just {*filter*}at replying to emails?

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?
Russ,

PowerBASIC is alive and well, but we have been closed for a few days
due to the Christmas period.  We advertised our Christmas operating
days on our web site.

To what email address did you send your post?  I have no log of any
message from you (however, I don't see every single message that has
come through), but if you resend your message to

confirm the receipt of your message by our email server.

Would you care to try again? Thanks!

Quote:

>I have been trying to contact them for some time now and all of my email
>gets no response - are they bankrupt or just {*filter*}at replying to emails?

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

Quote:
>I have been trying to contact them for some time now and all of my email
>gets no response - are they bankrupt or just {*filter*}at replying to emails?

Last I heard they are on vacation for the holidays. But the ARE slow to answer
during normal times. Is there something we can help you with?

   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

Quote:
> PowerBASIC is alive and well, but we have been closed for a few days
> due to the Christmas period.  We advertised our Christmas operating
> days on our web site.
[snip]

> confirm the receipt of your message by our email server.

> Would you care to try again? Thanks!

I tried again but got nothing, not even an auto-reply, I even sent a message
to several people at PowerBasic but I get no reply. What could be wrong with
those great guys at PB? Are they in financial trouble still?

russ.

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?
This time of the year everything stands still. The've probably gone
fishing, or something. Never heard that PB Inc. would be in any
financial trouble. I really hope not.

While we are on the subject of getting answers during big holiday
weekends - on Christmas eve I got three letters from a new user, asking
some questions. In his last letter, posted 2 o'clock in the morning on
the 25th, he was real angry and complained about my unresponsive
behaviour..  on Christmas eve?

If nothing else, it gave me a good laugh when I opened up the mailbox
the day after. Kind of sad though - makes you wonder what kind of life a
guy like him has..

Borje

http://www.tolken99.com - for free downloads, etc.

Tolken99 v4.1 for Windows - word processor, dictionary,
Swedish-English translator and vocabulary test, all in one..

> > PowerBASIC is alive and well, but we have been closed for a few days
> > due to the Christmas period.  We advertised our Christmas operating
> > days on our web site.
> [snip]

> > confirm the receipt of your message by our email server.

> > Would you care to try again? Thanks!

> I tried again but got nothing, not even an auto-reply, I even sent a message
> to several people at PowerBasic but I get no reply. What could be wrong with
> those great guys at PB? Are they in financial trouble still?

> russ.

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?
BTW - http://www.powerbasic.com/ tells us the following:

"PowerBASIC will be closed on Friday, December 31st for the New Year's
holiday and will re-open on Monday, January 3rd. Orders placed while we
are closed will be processed first thing Monday morning."

Like I said - they've gone fishing..  :-)

Borje

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

Quote:
> BTW - http://www.powerbasic.com/ tells us the following:

> "PowerBASIC will be closed on Friday, December 31st for the New Year's
> holiday and will re-open on Monday, January 3rd. Orders placed while we
> are closed will be processed first thing Monday morning."

> Like I said - they've gone fishing..  :-)

It was just that Lance said "Would you care to try again? Thanks!" so I did,
and got nothing...

I'll keep trying on Monday.

Thanks.

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

says...

Quote:

> > PowerBASIC is alive and well, but we have been closed for a few days
> > due to the Christmas period.  We advertised our Christmas operating
> > days on our web site.
> [snip]

> > confirm the receipt of your message by our email server.

> > Would you care to try again? Thanks!

> I tried again but got nothing, not even an auto-reply, I even sent a message
> to several people at PowerBasic but I get no reply. What could be wrong with
> those great guys at PB? Are they in financial trouble still?

Then there is a problem with your email address because I sent two
replies to you.

And we have *NEVER* been in financial trouble.

--Dave

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

Quote:

> > PowerBASIC is alive and well, but we have been closed for a few days
> > due to the Christmas period.  We advertised our Christmas operating
> > days on our web site.
> [snip]

> > confirm the receipt of your message by our email server.

> > Would you care to try again? Thanks!

> I tried again but got nothing, not even an auto-reply, I even sent a message
> to several people at PowerBasic but I get no reply. What could be wrong with
> those great guys at PB? Are they in financial trouble still?

> russ.

So let's set the public record straight, Mr. Freeman.  I understand you
may have sent a few emails to my attention.  Frankly, I have little
reason to respond to folks who lace their messages with vulgarity,
non-truths, and insults.

Dave Navarro advised you of this on two separate occasions, but it seems
to have had little effect -- your nonsense about "financial trouble" may
prove to be an interesting guage of integrity.

Warmest regards,

Bob Zale
PowerBASIC Inc.

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?

Quote:
> to have had little effect -- your nonsense about "financial trouble" may
> prove to be an interesting guage of integrity.

> Warmest regards,

As is the insincerity of your warmest regards.

Setting the record straight will require a little more effort than that Mr
Zale.

You previously accused me of being abusive ("abuse, insults, and {*filter*}
language" - BZ)  and I asked for copies of those abusive emails but you went
strangely quiet. I wonder why... I'm still waiting for those emails, why
haven't you sent them.

--
Russ.
 - what is that incessant whining noise I hear?

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Are PowerBasic Dead?
Russ,

Like the subject?

I don't know you.  I don't know Zale or Navarro.  I do use PowerBasic
products.

I saw this thread start a few days ago and did respond to you indicating
that the office was probably on holiday vacation. I suggested you try using
the bulletin board at their website.

I haven't seen any postings by you on the bulletin board.  Why?
I haven't seen any postings of your questions on the newsgroup. Why?

Bob's comment of "vulgarity, non-truths, and insults" may come from things
like:
"are they bankrupt or just {*filter*}at replying to emails?"
"Are they in financial trouble still?"

Why do think those "shock value" comments are necessary?
Neither you or I know anything about the financial condition of PowerBasic.

I would be very insulted if you made these comments about my business as
well.

Bob is in the right here.  You are wrong.  Why?  Because you did not do what
a reasonable customer would do to resolve a problem.  You've never posted a
request for help.  Just a series of insulting replies.

Dave Navarro indicated that he has sent replies to you.  Are you sure you
sent them your corrected e-mail address?

You insult everyone who regularly reads this newsgroup.

Post your problem.  People will help.

Quote:

> > to have had little effect -- your nonsense about "financial trouble" may
> > prove to be an interesting guage of integrity.

> > Warmest regards,

> As is the insincerity of your warmest regards.

> Setting the record straight will require a little more effort than that Mr
> Zale.

> You previously accused me of being abusive ("abuse, insults, and {*filter*}
> language" - BZ)  and I asked for copies of those abusive emails but you
went
> strangely quiet. I wonder why... I'm still waiting for those emails, why
> haven't you sent them.

> --
> Russ.
>  - what is that incessant whining noise I hear?

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 31 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

 Relevant Pages

1. DEAD DEAD DEAD