Fixup errors
Author Message
 Fixup errors

This snippet of code I wrote is giving me fixup errors when I try to
compile it into a program. Can anyone tell me why? I am using PB 3.5
for dos. With other code I also wrote it compiles fine!! TIA

moose

POWER_Sub:

' Checks power status of system.

Gosub Open_Interface

 !  push ax
 !  push bx
 !  push cx
 !  mov ax, &H530A
 !  mov bx,&H0001
 !  int &H15
 !  jc  Error_Flag
 !  mov b,bl
 !  mov a,cl
 !  pop  cx
 !  pop  bx
 !  pop  ax

  print using "###.## %";a
  print b
  if b=3 then print "Charging..."
  if b=2 then print "Battery level critical"
  if b=1 then print "Low"
  if b=0 then print "Battery level high."

Gosub Close_Interface

Return

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:33:30 GMT
 Fixup errors
Sorry John, but there is not enough code there to give you any real
idea of what could be wrong.  If you can please ZIP and email the code
to Tech Support (along with your serial number), I'll be happy to take
a look for you.

Thanks!

Quote:

>This snippet of code I wrote is giving me fixup errors when I try to
>compile it into a program. Can anyone tell me why? I am using PB 3.5
>for dos. With other code I also wrote it compiles fine!! TIA

>moose

>POWER_Sub:

>' Checks power status of system.

>Gosub Open_Interface

> !  push ax
> !  push bx
> !  push cx
> !  mov ax, &H530A
> !  mov bx,&H0001
> !  int &H15
> !  jc  Error_Flag
> !  mov b,bl
> !  mov a,cl
> !  pop  cx
> !  pop  bx
> !  pop  ax

>  print using "###.## %";a
>  print b
>  if b=3 then print "Charging..."
>  if b=2 then print "Battery level critical"
>  if b=1 then print "Low"
>  if b=0 then print "Battery level high."

>Gosub Close_Interface

>Return

Lance
powerbasic Support

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:33:10 GMT
 Fixup errors
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:33:30 GMT, John Musielewicz

I agree with Lance but try moving Error_Flag closer to the call. Sounds like
you're attempting to 'jump' past jc's limit

Quote:
>This snippet of code I wrote is giving me fixup errors when I try to
>compile it into a program. Can anyone tell me why? I am using PB 3.5
>for dos. With other code I also wrote it compiles fine!! TIA

>moose

>POWER_Sub:

>' Checks power status of system.

>Gosub Open_Interface

> !  push ax
> !  push bx
> !  push cx
> !  mov ax, &H530A
> !  mov bx,&H0001
> !  int &H15
> !  jc  Error_Flag
> !  mov b,bl
> !  mov a,cl
> !  pop  cx
> !  pop  bx
> !  pop  ax

>  print using "###.## %";a
>  print b
>  if b=3 then print "Charging..."
>  if b=2 then print "Battery level critical"
>  if b=1 then print "Low"
>  if b=0 then print "Battery level high."

>Gosub Close_Interface

>Return

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:25:41 GMT
 Fixup errors

Quote:
>    Versions: 3.0/3.1/3.2

Thomas, your "FAQ" does not mention PB/DOS 3.5 in the list of affected
versions, so it is unclear why you bother to post an out-of-date reply
here, when the original question specifically stated he was using
version 3.5...  ?

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:17:40 GMT
 Fixup errors

Quote:
> >    Versions: 3.0/3.1/3.2

> Thomas, your "FAQ" does not mention PB/DOS 3.5 in the list of affected
> versions, so it is unclear why you bother to post an out-of-date reply
> here, when the original question specifically stated he was using
> version 3.5...  ?

So how current is the 'official' PB bug list?

MCM

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:39:13 GMT
 Fixup errors

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Fixup errors
>Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:17:40 +1200
>>    Versions: 3.0/3.1/3.2
>Thomas, your "FAQ" does not mention PB/DOS 3.5 in the list of affected
>versions, so it is unclear why you bother to post an out-of-date reply
>here, when the original question specifically stated he was using
>version 3.5...  ?

That's ok it ended up being correct.
Quote:
>Lance
>PowerBASIC Support
>PowerBASIC, Inc.      | 800-780-7707 Sales | "We put the Power in Basic!"
>316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.powerbasic.com

Sun, 13 Mar 2005 05:40:11 GMT

1. Help: fixup errors preventing linking assembler object

2. TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors

3. Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

4. Fixup Overflow Error

5. Fixup Overflow Error L2002

6. unsupported Fixup kind in library file

7. -=- Getting Fixups into Your Data Segment ??? -=-

8. fixup overflow, what does it mean

9. Fixups with >64k segments

10. 32-bit fixup in NASM .obj

11. EXE offset fixup