PB DOS inline assembly
Author Message
 PB DOS inline assembly

Hiya,

Why PB DOS doesn't support shl al, immediate value?? It only supports
shl al, cl, is that a bug or what?

bye4now
-Bogo-

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PB DOS inline assembly

Quote:
> Why PB DOS doesn't support shl al, immediate value?? It only supports
> shl al, cl, is that a bug or what?

This is a hardware limitation, goes back to 8086/88 processors.

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PB DOS inline assembly

Quote:
> Why PB DOS doesn't support shl al, immediate value?? It only supports
> shl al, cl, is that a bug or what?

The assembler in PB/DOS is strictly 8-bit.  I don't think 8-bit assembler
supports an immediate value.  That wasn't added until 16-bit.

--Dave

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PB DOS inline assembly

Quote:

> Hiya,

> Why PB DOS doesn't support shl al, immediate value?? It only supports
> shl al, cl, is that a bug or what?

> bye4now
> -Bogo-

This is because PB dos only supports 8086 inline assembly which doesn't
contain
shl al,imvar. To accomplish this you have to use several shl al,1
statements or loops.

J.Oosthoek

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem porting assembly codes from ms inline assembly to linux (gnu - AT&T syntax)

2. Pragma and inline assembly

3. inline assembly language, please help!!!

4. problems porting ms inline assembly codes to linux (gnu - AT&T syntax)

5. Pragma and inline assembly

6. Pragma and inline assembly

7. Pragma and inline assembly

8. Pragma and inline assembly