FirstBasic will it be discontinued?
Author Message
 FirstBasic will it be discontinued?

Hi folks,

Interestingly, the FirstBasic shareware edition has featured in
Greymatters top-10 downloads list for months now, often at pole
position!      As Eric says, it looks like Greymatter are having a
"sale" of sorts. 8-)   Thanks for the commentary, Eric!

Also, FYI, FirstBasic and powerbasic are definitely not being
discontinued by PowerBASIC, Inc.  Sales of, and Tech Support for,
these products continues as always.

Finally, while I have your attention, the upgrade pricing for PB/DOS
3.5 (from PB3.x) is now US$49 + shipping, and comes with electronic
documentation in PDF format (approx 700 pages).  The printed manuals
are available for an additional US$29 + shipping.

For more information, please visit http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

I hope this helps!

Quote:

>Martin --

>> Stocks of FirstBasic are being run down for some reason

>I followed the link in your message before posting my previous response, but I
>didn't follow the links that led from that page (eventually) to Gray Matter in
>the UK.  When I did that I saw what is probably causing you concern.  Gray
>Matter, a PowerBASIC distributor, has FirstBASIC marked as a "clearance item".

>FirstBASIC is a really Shareware product, maybe GM just decided not to carry it
>any more?

>FirstBASIC is still available for download from PowerBASIC...

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>Really, I wouldn't worry...

>-- Eric

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:02:53 GMT
 FirstBasic will it be discontinued?
Lance --

Quote:
> Interestingly, the FirstBasic shareware edition has featured in
> Greymatters top-10 downloads list for months now, often at pole
> position!      As Eric says, it looks like Greymatter are having a
> "sale" of sorts. 8-)   Thanks for the commentary, Eric!

Hmmm... Gray Matter's web site says FirstBASIC is available at a reduced price
"while supplies last".  But this is a downloadable product! {GGG}  I guess that
means it's "on sale" until that spot on their server's hard drive wears out.

-- Eric

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:54:08 GMT

1. Registering FirstBasic

2. file i/o in firstBasic?

3. Locate() and Screen() in FirstBasic?

4. shell() in FirstBasic?

5. Fast shareware compiler - FirstBASIC

6. FirstBasic Help file

7. BSAVE in FirstBasic Screen 13

8. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

9. comp.lang.awk archive discontinued

10. A Reply from XSIS re: discontinued Analyst application

11. TOPLink for Smalltalk discontinued?

12. Clipper Discontinued?