ASM in PB3.5
Author Message
 ASM in PB3.5

Hi,

I want to do some inline assembly  of some 32-bit opcodes (using EAX,
stuff like that). Since the ASM statement doesn't know how to do this,
I just assemble the opcodes using NASM (which puts in the 66h preamble
byte thing) and poke the assembled opcodes in Basic using

 ASM DB  xxxx

BUT I don't really understand the DB syntax.

!  DB  &h66
!  DB  &hC1
!  DB  &hE1

seems OK, but clumsy.

Forms like

!  DB &h11223344AABBCC

sometime complain that I have not entered a legal numeric variable,
which implies that even ASM is looking for legit numeric types (ie,
byte, word, longword, etc) which implies

!  DB  &h66C1E1

would NOT assemble three bytes!

The PB docs don't seem to discuss the DB syntax.

Any wisdom here?

Thanks,

John

ps - NASM is a cool free x86 assembler!

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 05:15:16 GMT
 ASM in PB3.5

Quote:
> Hi,

You'll probably get an answer in comp.lang.asm.x86

                             Andrew

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:01:42 GMT

1. ASM syntax in PB3.5

2. Use of functions in C from PB3.5