RAS
Author Message
 RAS

Anyone.. that knows where to start of when implementing the use of RAS or
any other way to connect and disconnect the coputer to Internet without
the users direct participation when doing so?

---
~8o)  Haakon

Thu, 16 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RAS

Quote:
> Anyone.. that knows where to start of when implementing the use of RAS or
> any other way to connect and disconnect the coputer to Internet without
> the users direct participation when doing so?

Probably the easiest way is to use the ShellExecute API call and pass a web
address instead of a filename.  Include the protocol type; (http:, ftp:, etc.)
at the start of the address.

Windows will initiate all the required steps to access the given address.
However, this does not mean that user participation won't be required.  Dial-up
access can be configured so that the user must provide the proper ID and
password for logon each time.

Thu, 16 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RAS

Quote:
> Probably the easiest way is to use the ShellExecute API call and pass a web
> address instead of a filename.  Include the protocol type; (http:, ftp:, etc.)
> at the start of the address.

Both yes and no. It' fairly easy, and ok to initiate RAS this way, but
unless I'll controll the connection window, the user will have to hit the
[Connect] button. - And either way is what I had in mind.

I'm looking for a even more gracefully way to use the avail. connection,
and then close it when I'm done. - Still in a graceful way.

--
---
~8o)  Haakon

Thu, 16 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RAS

U're right.. another nice URL for my collection. Thanks.

---
~8o)  Haakon

Thu, 16 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RAS
I have made code to do this freely available on my code page in my
site:
www.basicguru.com/dickinson
Best Regards,
Don
Quote:

>Anyone.. that knows where to start of when implementing the use of RAS or
>any other way to connect and disconnect the coputer to Internet without
>the users direct participation when doing so?

>---
>~8o)  Haakon

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 RAS

Quote:
> I have made code to do this freely available on my code page in my

Well, thanks.. I appreciate any addition to my collection of samples to
learn from.  8o)

---
~8o)  Haakon

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. RAS OCX or RAS API with CW20 ??

2. RAS in Win95/98

3. RAS API

4. ** Freeware RAS dial-up library + demo app

5. RAS api Arnor Baldvinsson

6. RAS notification message

7. RAS / DUN

8. Clarion App and RAS