Simple Copy protection
Author Message
 Simple Copy protection

Hi !
I am a newstarter in powerbasic 3.5.
I wonder if anybody could tell me about a simple way to in a simple
manner to
protect my dos basic program. I think about making a hidden file that
can be read and
if it is ok then the program can be run. Might be also a way to use the
program for a
shorter periode, say for 30 days or so??
Thanks for samples !
Ernst

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple Copy protection
Make a binary file someware in the path variable with a name nobody think it
is a junk file like myDDL.DLL in the windows map
for the time just check the variabele time$ or if it exist NOW (it does in
VBDOS) write the time in a datafile on the moment that the program ends so
is it not possibel to go back in time

Greating JAN

Quote:
> Hi !
> I am a newstarter in Powerbasic 3.5.
> I wonder if anybody could tell me about a simple way to in a simple
> manner to
> protect my dos basic program. I think about making a hidden file that
> can be read and
> if it is ok then the program can be run. Might be also a way to use the
> program for a
> shorter periode, say for 30 days or so??
> Thanks for samples !
> Ernst

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple Copy protection
The Windows Registry is probably a better place to store that info.
--

Sun Valley Systems    http://www.sunvaley.com

> Make a binary file someware in the path variable with a name nobody think
> it is a junk file like myDDL.DLL in the windows map
> for the time just check the variabele time$ or if it exist NOW (it does in
> VBDOS) write the time in a datafile on the moment that the program ends so
> is it not possibel to go back in time

> > I am a newstarter in Powerbasic 3.5.
> > I wonder if anybody could tell me about a simple way to in a simple
> > manner to
> > protect my dos basic program. I think about making a hidden file that
> > can be read and
> > if it is ok then the program can be run. Might be also a way to use the
> > program for a
> > shorter periode, say for 30 days or so??
> > Thanks for samples !

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple Copy protection
Not if you use PowerBasic 3.5 (it's DOS based).
Quote:

>The Windows Registry is probably a better place to store that info.
>--

>> Make a binary file someware in the path variable with a name nobody think
>> it is a junk file like myDDL.DLL in the windows map
>> for the time just check the variabele time$ or if it exist NOW (it does in
>> VBDOS) write the time in a datafile on the moment that the program ends so
>> is it not possibel to go back in time

>> > I am a newstarter in Powerbasic 3.5.
>> > I wonder if anybody could tell me about a simple way to in a simple
>> > manner to
>> > protect my dos basic program. I think about making a hidden file that
>> > can be read and
>> > if it is ok then the program can be run. Might be also a way to use the
>> > program for a
>> > shorter periode, say for 30 days or so??
>> > Thanks for samples !

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple Copy protection
Regedit can import/export in DOS mode too!

--
Todd Vargo (body of msg must contain my name to reply)

Quote:
> Not if you use PowerBasic 3.5 (it's DOS based).

> >The Windows Registry is probably a better place to store that info.
> >--

> >> Make a binary file someware in the path variable with a name nobody
think
> >> it is a junk file like myDDL.DLL in the windows map
> >> for the time just check the variabele time$ or if it exist NOW (it does
in
> >> VBDOS) write the time in a datafile on the moment that the program ends
so
> >> is it not possibel to go back in time

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Software copy protection

2. Copy Protection & Quicktime

3. Copy protection

4. protection against copying my software

5. Copy Protection on Novell Server.

6. Copy protection

7. Copy Protection

8. Copy protection of Clarion apps..