compiling DOS applications
Author Message
 compiling DOS applications

Hi NG,

I bought the PB/DLL Compiler, to compile some dll's. But now i need to make
a dos-prog, is there any compiler setting to do this ?
Or any other way ?

Toni

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications
Not with PB/DLL, there isn't. You need a DOS compiler.

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:
> Hi NG,

> I bought the PB/DLL Compiler, to compile some dll's. But now i need to
make
> a dos-prog, is there any compiler setting to do this ?
> Or any other way ?

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications
Hallo Toni,
Soll es unbedingt etwas sein fuer das DOS-platform, dan koenntest Du
vielleicht versuchen es met QBasic zu machen.
Eine bessere Alternatieve ist aber die Power Basic CC compiler (als
DLL-Kuende kriegst Du die vielleicht billiger) womit man richtige
Windows-programme macht die aber aussehen wie "good old DOS".

--
Egbert Zijlema
"Visit the Basic Guru pages"

Quote:
> Hi NG,

> I bought the PB/DLL Compiler, to compile some dll's. But now i need to
make
> a dos-prog, is there any compiler setting to do this ?
> Or any other way ?

> Toni

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications
Hi Egbert,
1. Danke, da? Du in Deutsch antwortest.
2. find ich jetzt aber nicht so toll, da ich mir dachte, wenn ich schon die
high-end version kaufe, dann kann ich wohl alles damit machen, aber schade
mu? ich wohl zu gut old c greifen.

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications
You've bought a pure windows DLL/EXE program creator - for DOS you'll
have to stick with PB-DOS 3.x
Andy

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:04:06 GMT, "Grnberg Anton"

Quote:

>Hi NG,

>I bought the PB/DLL Compiler, to compile some dll's. But now i need to make
>a dos-prog, is there any compiler setting to do this ?
>Or any other way ?

>Toni

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications

Quote:
> Hallo Toni,
> Soll es unbedingt etwas sein fuer das DOS-platform, dan koenntest Du
> vielleicht versuchen es met QBasic zu machen.
> Eine bessere Alternatieve ist aber die Power Basic CC compiler (als
> DLL-Kuende kriegst Du die vielleicht billiger) womit man richtige
> Windows-programme macht die aber aussehen wie ....

Huh? I don't have a clue..

Quote:
>"good old DOS".

Now THAT I understand!

MCM

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications
Fine,
I've paid $200 for the compiler, and now i can by
another one. That's really what I like.
Toni

Andy Norris schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>You've bought a pure windows DLL/EXE program creator - for DOS you'll
>have to stick with PB-DOS 3.x
>Andy

>On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:04:06 GMT, "Grnberg Anton"

>>Hi NG,

>>I bought the PB/DLL Compiler, to compile some dll's. But now i need to
make
>>a dos-prog, is there any compiler setting to do this ?
>>Or any other way ?

>>Toni

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling DOS applications
Why the sarcastic comments?

When you licensed the PB/DLL compiler, what made you think it could create
MS-DOS programs?

If you were unsure, you could always have asked powerbasic sales

(www.powerbasic.com)

Nowhere does any 'official' literature state that the PB/DLL compiler will
create MS-DOS programs. Heck, even the PB/DLL version 6.0 compiler will not
create 16-bit *Windows* programs (although the 16-bit compiler is bundled
into the 32-bit compiler).

Hey, if some dealer told you otherwise, I'd complain to the dealer. If the
dealer can't make good on their commitments, contact PowerBASIC and see if
they can help.

Until then, don't look for sympathy here.

--
Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:
> Fine,
> I've paid $200 for the compiler, and now i can by
> another one. That's really what I like.
> Toni

> Andy Norris schrieb in Nachricht ...
> >You've bought a pure windows DLL/EXE program creator - for DOS you'll
> >have to stick with PB-DOS 3.x
> >Andy

> >On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:04:06 GMT, "Grnberg Anton"

> >>Hi NG,

> >>I bought the PB/DLL Compiler, to compile some dll's. But now i need to
> make
> >>a dos-prog, is there any compiler setting to do this ?
> >>Or any other way ?

> >>Toni

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Compiling DOS applications with Watcom F77 32 bit version

2. Access to DOS application memory from Win32/Win95 application

3. Problem with btrieve 6.15 for dos and Clarion 3.1 application in a dos session of W95

4. Size of compiled applications

5. ShowURL wont work in compiled Application

6. compiled version GAWK3.03 for DOS?

7. Compiled application sizes

8. Compiling an OBJ module into a basic program in version 3.5 PowerBasic for DOS

9. compiled application plugin

10. Compiling 32 bits applications

11. compiling for DOS

12. Gen, compile and make all applications