Mouse disabled during redirect (PBCC)
Author Message
 Mouse disabled during redirect (PBCC)

This will sound strange, but...

I have a CC app that has STDOUT redirected. Valid uses are:

     myapp > file.txt

     myapp | otherapp...

myapp places a menu of options on the screen, gets either mouse or
keyboard input from the user to make selections, then dumps the
appropriate output based on the user's selection to STDOUT.

Works perfectly in the de{*filter*}. Works perfectly if run from the DOS
prompt w/o redirection. But, when redirection is used, it seems CC
disables the mouse. I desparately need some way to get around this and
have the mouse working.

Before someone suggests it, both redirection of STDOUT and mouse
control of the application are required. Dumping output to a file first
then forcing the redirect (in a batch file, etc) will not work for
various reasons. Not to mention that I am replacing a DOS app that was
written in pure assembly, and the #1 requirement is that I must
perfectly duplicate the behavior of the DOS app (aside from speed, of
course.)

At the top of my code is the following:

MOUSE 3, DOWN
MOUSE ON

There are no other MOUSE commands in the code. Input is gathered via
WAITKEY$. Screen IO is via PRINT, results are dumped via STDOUT. Should
be simple, or so I thought.

Does CC detect redirection and disable the mouse, making the assumption
that there is no input screen to interact with? I could see this if the
input were redirected, but not if only output is redirected. I bought
CC so I would not have to learn the Windows API, but I suppose if CC
can't handle it then an API solution will have to do.

HELP!

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mouse disabled during redirect (PBCC)
To check out the discussions on this subject, please visit the thread
running in the free powerbasic web BBS.

Quote:

>Does CC detect redirection and disable the mouse, making the assumption
>that there is no input screen to interact with? I could see this if the
>input were redirected, but not if only output is redirected. I bought
>CC so I would not have to learn the Windows API, but I suppose if CC
>can't handle it then an API solution will have to do.

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to disable pushbuttons during code execution?

2. Disabling fields during in-line wditing

3. Disable menu items during runtime

4. Disable a tab during an insert

5. Redirect or disable PAUSE key

6. HELP: Want to Disable User Interaction During Processing

7. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...

8. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...

9. how to cancel mouse events occuring during execution

10. Ignoring mouse clicks during exec

11. disabling mouse clicks

12. Disabling mouse click - desktop access