PB Consultants - Help Wanted/ HIPAA
Author Message
 PB Consultants - Help Wanted/ HIPAA

As for what I was looking for in consultants.....this is something I posted
on PB's BBS earlier this month. (Limited response to date). (Also updated
for progress made to date)

I have written (and own) software to extract the data from an ANSI X.12 835
Healthcare Remittance Advice; the original code mapped and extracted to a
"flat" (text) file, with row 1 = column names, e.g.,

remit_date, provider_id, remit_no,....
10-30-2000,876524321,BCH87654,,,
10-30-2000,786412346,BCH87654,,,
10-30-2000,654219289,BCH87654,,,

The software extracts the '835' into seven(7) files, and now extracts also
to an Access(r) or CSV-text database through the MS-Access ODBC driver and
the Microsoft "text file" ODBC driver.. It "should" work with any ODBC
driver/DBMS combination, but I have not yet tested with the rest of the
drivers I have installed.

In total honesty, I am doing this in the hopes of making (more than) a few
bucks; but this has turned out to be a huge undertaking. Anyone who might be
interested in doing some work and making a few bucks themselves is welcome
to contact me. I have the ANSI translation, the mapping engine and the
"fundamental" database interface; what this project could really use is
someone who can design/code useful screens (queries)  and reports,.

I am currently doing all this work in PB/DLL v 6.0, using SDK-style coding
and not terribly interested in doing portions of this in DDT.

If any "tech" consultants know people in the healthcare industry who could
provide "user insight"  I would be interested in speaking with them as well.

The HIPAA is driving this. If you don't understand that, you're probably not
a good candidate (technical or non-technical consultant). If you've seen the
FISS PC-PRINT software, and think it's worth only slightly more than what
providers pay for it (zero) you might be perfect. If you've seen the
PC-PRINT FRONT END software shipped by at least one FI (about 2000 copies at
last count), you've seen my work. (Click on 'HELP/ABOUT' if you don't
believe me).

If you include a phone number in your e-mail reply, PLEASE tell me where you
are or what time zone you are in. I used to know where about 90% of the area
codes in the country were, but now there are just too many.

Regards,
------------------
Michael Mattias
Racine WI USA

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:45:54 GMT
 PB Consultants - Help Wanted/ HIPAA
ok, i don't know what HIPAA is, but i'm a fast learner, and i work with PB/DOS,
PB/DLL, and PB/CC.... have copies of all latest PB compilers... am a health care
professional (hospital nurse, industrial nurse, workers comp, home health)... if
you're still looking, i'm very interested in your project.

Stan Helton
p.s.  i do private in home PC consulting for individuals who can't handle their
own computers.   :)

Quote:

> As for what I was looking for in consultants.....this is something I posted
> on PB's BBS earlier this month. (Limited response to date). (Also updated
> for progress made to date)

> I have written (and own) software to extract the data from an ANSI X.12 835
> Healthcare Remittance Advice; the original code mapped and extracted to a
> "flat" (text) file, with row 1 = column names, e.g.,

> remit_date, provider_id, remit_no,....
> 10-30-2000,876524321,BCH87654,,,
> 10-30-2000,786412346,BCH87654,,,
> 10-30-2000,654219289,BCH87654,,,

> The software extracts the '835' into seven(7) files, and now extracts also
> to an Access(r) or CSV-text database through the MS-Access ODBC driver and
> the Microsoft "text file" ODBC driver.. It "should" work with any ODBC
> driver/DBMS combination, but I have not yet tested with the rest of the
> drivers I have installed.

> In total honesty, I am doing this in the hopes of making (more than) a few
> bucks; but this has turned out to be a huge undertaking. Anyone who might be
> interested in doing some work and making a few bucks themselves is welcome
> to contact me. I have the ANSI translation, the mapping engine and the
> "fundamental" database interface; what this project could really use is
> someone who can design/code useful screens (queries)  and reports,.

> I am currently doing all this work in PB/DLL v 6.0, using SDK-style coding
> and not terribly interested in doing portions of this in DDT.

> If any "tech" consultants know people in the healthcare industry who could
> provide "user insight"  I would be interested in speaking with them as well.

> The HIPAA is driving this. If you don't understand that, you're probably not
> a good candidate (technical or non-technical consultant). If you've seen the
> FISS PC-PRINT software, and think it's worth only slightly more than what
> providers pay for it (zero) you might be perfect. If you've seen the
> PC-PRINT FRONT END software shipped by at least one FI (about 2000 copies at
> last count), you've seen my work. (Click on 'HELP/ABOUT' if you don't
> believe me).

> If you include a phone number in your e-mail reply, PLEASE tell me where you
> are or what time zone you are in. I used to know where about 90% of the area
> codes in the country were, but now there are just too many.

> Regards,
> ------------------
> Michael Mattias
> Racine WI USA

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:19:19 GMT

1. PB Contractors, Consultants wanted

2. Help Wanted: NYC Clipper Consultants

3. PB Consultants' List

4. advice wanted (migrating app from PB-dos to Windows)

5. Smalltalk Consultants Wanted

6. Smalltalk Consultant Wanted

7. APL Consultant wanted in Germany

8. ** Smalltalk/C++ consultants wanted in the Netherlands **

9. Smalltalker Consultants Wanted

10. VisualAge Consultant Wanted

11. OOA/D and Smalltalk consultants wanted

12. Consultants Wanted