File Version
Author Message
 File Version

Hi,

how can I get the Version of an EXE or DLL file?

Thanks
Wolfgang

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Version

Quote:
> how can I get the Version of an EXE or DLL file?

That Depends. If you're using a Windows version of powerbasic,
it will be relatively easy. Version information is stored as part of
the resource file information attached to the EXE or DLL file.
Windows has API calls to pull in this information, although I
don't recall the names of the relevant functions offhand. Sorry,
it's been a while. Try browsing through MSDN or any decent
Windows API book.

The version information is stored in the EXE or DLL as text
data in Unicode form, which (for most purposes) can be
construed as ASCII codes interleaved with CHR$(0) nulls.
It shouldn't be too difficult to read the data directly from the
file, if that appears to be the most effective technique.

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiling EXE file with embedded File Version

2. File Version in exe file

3. Incompatible STB file version

4. File Version#

5. retrieving file version information

6. Determining File Versions OS X

7. File Version number Error!!!!!

8. ** New Product File Version Update **

9. File version in Clarion 5b

10. Getting file version information

11. .dll and .exe file version informaton

12. Windows File Version Comparison....