PBCC2.0
Author Message
 PBCC2.0

Is it possible to add graphics displays in the console window such as
bullets or buttons?

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:33:30 GMT
 PBCC2.0

Quote:

>Is it possible to add graphics displays in the console window such as
>bullets or buttons?

Just in case no one else sees this:

Yes, there are some tools that assist in this. Check over at
www.powerbasic.com on the 3rd party page. I <<think>> the name of the library
is CCtools or some such.

--
C'ya,

  Don Schullian
www.DASoftVSS.com
www.basicguru.com

Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:31:20 GMT
 PBCC2.0
Leon --

Quote:
> Is it possible to add graphics displays in the console window such as
> bullets or buttons?

While it is possible to use GUI elements in a console window, doing so
can be quite difficult.  This is especially true if your program must run
on more than one version of Windows.  Even without that requirement, you
would need to familiarize yourself with both the console window APIs and
a large selection of GUI-related API functions.  I would not recommend
this -- and I feel certain that most people would agree with me -- as a
project to "cut your teeth on".  If you are not already familiar with
Windows GUI-style (event-driven) programming, it would be... difficult.

That being said, my company's Console Tools Plus Graphics package was
designed to add Windows Graphics capabilties to PowerBASIC PB/CC
programs.  It does include functions like DrawButton and DrawFrame, for
drawing basic GUI elements.  I would not, however, recommend using
Console Tools Plus Graphics to create a "complete" GUI for a program.  If
you need things like list boxes and combo boxes, you should consider
using the PowerBASIC PB/DLL compiler to create a true GUI.  For "bullets
and buttons" however, Console Tools Plus Graphics would probably be a
good choice.  Of course I am biased... {G}

For more information:

http://perfectsync.com/GraphicsTools.htm

All of our products can be obtained from our web site, and from
PowerBASIC.com.

-- Eric Pearson, Perfect Sync Software

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:14:42 GMT