Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL
Author Message
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
Declarations for PB/DLL  ???
AND - While we are about it, any other interesting API Declarations ???

Alan

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:

> Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
> Declarations for PB/DLL  ???
> AND - While we are about it, any other interesting API Declarations ???

http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/pbdll32/api/

and

ftp://ftp.powerbasic.com/pub/support/win32api.zip

--Dave

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL
Thanks for those, but... nothing on the WININET stuff on either site.

Alan..

Quote:

> > Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
> > Declarations for PB/DLL  ???
> > AND - While we are about it, any other interesting API Declarations ???

> http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/pbdll32/api/

> and

> ftp://ftp.powerbasic.com/pub/support/win32api.zip

> --Dave

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL
As a thought, It may be better to describe what I'm trying to do.

OK.. I'm using WinInet.dll to open, get (or put) a file,  then close an FTP
transfer - within the DLL, we seem to have a "InternetSetStatusCallback"
function.

What I'm trying to do is use this to (hopefully) return dialog info on the
progress of the transfer. e.g. 123 of 456 bytes transfered..

BTW.. I CAN reccomend this DLL to all PB'ers as something worth looking
into - It seems to be packed full of interesting doohickies that could make
our lives a lot easier!

Alan,

Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:
> Thanks for those, but... nothing on the WININET stuff on either site.

I'll check into this on Monday. Will let you know what comes up.

Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:
> As a thought, It may be better to describe what I'm trying to do.

> OK.. I'm using WinInet.dll to open, get (or put) a file,  then close an FTP
> transfer - within the DLL, we seem to have a "InternetSetStatusCallback"
> function.

> What I'm trying to do is use this to (hopefully) return dialog info on the
> progress of the transfer. e.g. 123 of 456 bytes transfered..

> BTW.. I CAN reccomend this DLL to all PB'ers as something worth looking
> into - It seems to be packed full of interesting doohickies that could make
> our lives a lot easier!

I've heard lots of "bad" things about using WININET for FTP in a general
application.  It doesn't work well with non Windows based FTP servers.
Particularly the Netscape FTP server.

There is source code on our Web BBS for doing native FTP from within
PB/DLL and PB/CC using TCP.

--Dave

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:
> Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
> Declarations for PB/DLL  ???

I'm working on it. The results should be available at
www.powerbasic.com towards the end of the week.

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:

> > Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
> > Declarations for PB/DLL  ???

> I'm working on it. The results should be available at
> www.powerbasic.com towards the end of the week.

Ok, well, not this week! I've made a great deal of progress on it, but
I've still got some work to do. Next week, no problem. My apologies
for the delay.

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL
corr...

I'm gonna feel guilty now asking any more questions..
I've this image of Tom slaving over a hot keyboard being fed only coffee and
cigarettes until he comes up with the goods!
sorry Tom..

Alan

Quote:

> > > Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
> > > Declarations for PB/DLL  ???

> > I'm working on it. The results should be available at
> > www.powerbasic.com towards the end of the week.

> Ok, well, not this week! I've made a great deal of progress on it, but
> I've still got some work to do. Next week, no problem. My apologies
> for the delay.

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:

>corr...

>I'm gonna feel guilty now asking any more questions..
>I've this image of Tom slaving over a hot keyboard being fed only coffee and
>cigarettes until he comes up with the goods!
>sorry Tom..

>Alan

Coffee AND cigarettes... then he should be doing SOMETHING right if he's
getting extras!

   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wininet API Declarations for PB/DLL

Quote:
> > > Can anyone suggest a place to get hold of of the Wininet.dll API
> > > Declarations for PB/DLL  ???

> > I'm working on it. The results should be available at
> > www.powerbasic.com towards the end of the week.

> Ok, well, not this week! I've made a great deal of progress on it, but
> I've still got some work to do. Next week, no problem. My apologies
> for the delay.

Quote:
> I'm gonna feel guilty now asking any more questions..
> I've this image of Tom slaving over a hot keyboard being fed only coffee
> and cigarettes until he comes up with the goods!
> sorry Tom..

> Alan

Cigarettes are barely legal in California, but I do smoke them anyway,
right now. I suppose I'd be less likely to smoke them if the Feds didn't
keep telling me not to do it: {*filter*}y busybodies!

Otherwise, you're not too far off. S'ok, Alan, I live to serve. Pour
the coffee into the modem, and I'll be with you in a moment. :-)

Seriously, if I find a message that clearly ought to be forwarded to
PowerBASIC, I do so. If there's something I can do for people that
won't be too horrendous on my own time, I'll follow up on that also.
If you're asking for something that doesn't fit these categories, I'll
leave them for someone else. I don't expect to be omnipotent this
year. Maybe some other time! Meanwhile, some weekends, I do
have other things to do.

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Missing declarations in PB/DLL 2.0

2. declaring DLL variables WININET.DLL

3. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

4. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

5. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

6. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC

7. animated characters, speech input/output in PB/DLL and PB/CC

8. email enable PB/DLL-PB/CC using Outlook

9. SQL, ADO/OLE-DB programming in PB/DLL and PB/CC

10. WinInet API and Template

11. Use WinInet API to Write FTP program

12. WinINET API from Fun-O