PB v3.2 MakeBak
Author Message
 PB v3.2 MakeBak

In the Example\DosUnit.Bas there's a MakeBak function.
What this function do on my system is to truncate the BAS file to zero
length.

Is there a bug in the NAME function?

Tom

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:39:41 GMT
 PB v3.2 MakeBak
Hi Tom,

There is no problem with the NAME statement itself, but in certain
cases, a network redirector can become desynchronized and give the
appearance of a problem... please see the FAQ on our site for more
info...
http://www.powerbasic.com/support/forums/Forum2/HTML/000025.html

I hope this helps.  If you have any further questions, please do not
hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

Quote:

>In the Example\DosUnit.Bas there's a MakeBak function.
>What this function do on my system is to truncate the BAS file to zero
>length.

>Is there a bug in the NAME function?

>Tom

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:51:04 GMT
 PB v3.2 MakeBak
Sorry, the FAQ didn't solve my problem.

Maybe I misunderstand the use of the NAME function -is it ment to RENAME a
file?

If so, why is it used in the MakeBak function mentioned in my previous post?

I haven't used NAME , before I made use of MakeBak.

Tom

Quote:
> Hi Tom,

> There is no problem with the NAME statement itself, but in certain
> cases, a network redirector can become desynchronized and give the
> appearance of a problem... please see the FAQ on our site for more
> info...
> http://www.powerbasic.com/support/forums/Forum2/HTML/000025.html

> I hope this helps.  If you have any further questions, please do not
> hesitate to ask!

> Thanks!

> >In the Example\DosUnit.Bas there's a MakeBak function.
> >What this function do on my system is to truncate the BAS file to zero
> >length.

> >Is there a bug in the NAME function?

> >Tom

> Lance
> PowerBASIC Support

> PowerBASIC, Inc.      | 800-780-7707 Sales | "We put the Power in Basic!"
> 316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.powerbasic.com

Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:52:04 GMT

1. PB 3.2.PB/Vision 2.0 Timerinstallcode.Shared Arrays

2. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

3. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

4. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

5. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC

6. animated characters, speech input/output in PB/DLL and PB/CC

7. email enable PB/DLL-PB/CC using Outlook

8. SQL, ADO/OLE-DB programming in PB/DLL and PB/CC

9. JPI TopSpeed V3.0 + Windows V3.0

10. PB/DLL question: pb-function that returns a record... HOW?

11. new JA 'CE' for PB/DLL, PB/CC OpenBeta3

12. Testing tool for VisualAge Smalltalk v3.0/v3.1 help??