Icon in Task Manager
Author Message
 Icon in Task Manager

Could somebody explain me which Api function should I use to show my
application as an icon in the task manager, just like task manager
itself does?

thanks

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:23:38 GMT
 Icon in Task Manager
Offhand, I can't remember if the task manager icon is a large or a
small icon, but the window icon itself (top-left corner) is a small
icon, and the taskbar icon is the large one.

 You need to send a %WM_SETICON message to the window, specifying the
handle to a small or large icon

hIcon& = LoadIcon(...) ' load icon from resource file
SendMessage hWnd, %WM_SETICON, %ICON_SMALL, hIcon&

See WM_SETICON in WIN32.HLP for more information... if you are a
registered PB/CC or PB/DLL user, you can download WIN32.HLP from
http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/mstools/win32.zip

Quote:

>Could somebody explain me which Api function should I use to show my
>application as an icon in the task manager, just like task manager
>itself does?
>thanks

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:48:01 GMT

1. Task manager task.py updated

2. OT: Task Manager Software needed

3. My program stands on the task manager ?

4. access to task manager info from labview vi?

5. Using Task Manager stats within LV?

6. VAX Ada Tasks and VMS Lock Manager

7. Can someone show TASK MANAGER example ?

8. OT: Task Manager Software needed

9. like the CPU usage recorder of win2000's task manager

10. W2K Task Manager & Trap

11. Adding icons to Window's Application Manager

12. minimized task icons