autoexec.bat and config.sys use in WindowsME
Author Message
 autoexec.bat and config.sys use in WindowsME

I have just made a program that will enable the Autoexec.bat and
config.sys files in WindowsME thought some of you fellow powerbasic
programers might be interested!

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Bobby

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:21:04 GMT
 autoexec.bat and config.sys use in WindowsME

Quote:
>I have just made a program that will enable the Autoexec.bat and
>config.sys files in WindowsME thought some of you fellow PowerBasic
>programers might be interested!

>http://bobby.mydis.org/download

>Bobby

Bobby,

this is an EXE file... could you give us a bit of explanation before
we just fire it up?

Thanks.

John

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:59:18 GMT
 autoexec.bat and config.sys use in WindowsME
Humm......  Let me dump the readme file here that should help!

Well not that much to explain other then your Autoexec.bat and Config.sys
files will work like thay use to in Windows9x.   I have talked to some dos
programmers and thay say that thay wish the files would still execute on
startup.  So I made this installer so thay have the ability to reinable
the autoexec.bat and config.sys files.

Read the full readme below this may help!

Me2Dos Patcher By Bobby Gage
============================
This patching program was based off of a patch program I found on
the Internet at:

http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000

I do not know who this person is but I would like to thank them for
there creation of this utility.  I am not taking any privilege of
making the patch program "winmedos.com" that I use to modify the
system files.

I have only created a nice user interface that allows you to install
and uninstall the patch made by "winmedos.com".

Reliability
===========
The sad thing is I wish I would not even have to say this because I
have not lost any files myself and neither do I know of any one
else that has.  It's just that unless I say this it makes it allot
more possible for people to sue me and so on!  So....

This software is provided "as-is" without any express or implied
warranty.  In no event shall the author, distributor, or any other
person or company be held liable for any damages arising from the
use of this software.

Usage
=====
I place NO constraints on the usage of this program!  It may be used
for business or any personal use if needed.  BUT if it is included in
a software package or used for the sale of a program or product then
I ask that my name with reference to this program be placed in your
programs readme or other file that would represent the authors of
your software package.  Just like I have included the person that
made "winmedos.com" program in my readme.txt file.

Installing
==========
To install the patch file first download Me2Dos.exe off of my
webpage (http://bobby.mydis.org/download).

Second: I would recommend that you backup your entire system.  The
first time I messed around with this program my self, next thing I
know windows restarted and my registry was lost.  It automatically
restored the last one.  But the bad news was the last registry
backup was 6 months ago.  I have made the install utility execute a
command "scanreg /backup" which from my understanding will backup
the registry

Third: Create a "Windows Emergency Boot Disk" by doing the following
make sure you have a blank floppy disk ready.  Click on Start ->
Settings -> Control panel  in the control panel select "Add/Remove
programs" then select the Boot Disk tab.  It's on the top far right.
Place the empty disk into the drive and click "Create Disk".  Make
sure you remove the disk after it's finished!!!!!!!

After you have completed the above then run the installer after it
is finished installing it will ask you to restart the computer.
During the restart you will see a message "Starting Windows Emergency
Boot..." this is because the new system files are actually modified
off of the Emergency Boot disk for windows.  Just ignore this
message.  You will also now see your Config.sys and autoexec.bat
files pass by.

You will no longer see the Windows ME splash screen as the system
starts up.  This is normal!

Remove Me2Dos
=============
There are three ways to remove Me2Dos.

1.  Remove just like any other application.  Click on Start ->
Programs -> Me2Dos -> Uninstall Me2Dos. This will then restore your
system files back as they where at first.

2.  If you don't see an uninstall icon in your start menu then look
in your control panel under "Add/Remove Programs".  If it's no there
then you will need to go to Start -> Run. Type in "c:\me2dos" and
press "OK".  You should see an icon that looks like a trash can.
Double click it.

3.  If you can't boot your computer any more then you will need to
boot off of the "Emergency boot disk" You will need to select "Start
computer without CD-ROM support." option from the Startup Menu.
Then you will need to type in the following commands.  (when you see
"[enter]" this means press the enter key)

C: [enter]
cd \me2dos [enter]
restore [enter]

Now restart the computer and all files are restored.  Make sure you
uninstall the program from windows using one of the options above.

Removing does not work
=======================
If you attempted to remove Me2Dos using the option above then I and
it still does not boot or it did not correct the problem then I
would recommend booting from the "Windows Emergency boot disk".
Once you have booted off of the disk you will get a Startup Menu.
From this menu select "Start computer without CD-Rom Support."
Then enter the following command:   (when you see "[enter]" this
means press the enter key)

sys c:[enter]

Then remove the disk and restart the computer.

Contact Me
===========
If you would like to contact me please use the following info:

Bobby Gage

http://bobby.mydis.org

Quote:

> >I have just made a program that will enable the Autoexec.bat and
> >config.sys files in WindowsME thought some of you fellow PowerBasic
> >programers might be interested!

> >http://bobby.mydis.org/download

> >Bobby

> Bobby,

> this is an EXE file... could you give us a bit of explanation before
> we just fire it up?

> Thanks.

> John

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:51:59 GMT

1. WINDOWS 2000: Setting Autoexec.bat & Config.SYS

2. autoexec.bat & config.sys in Win2k &winxp

3. autoexec.bat

4. Autoexec.bat in Win XP

5. Autoexec.bat in Win XP

6. What means: SET CLIPPER= in autoexec.bat

7. How to edit autoexec.bat

8. PC DOS 7 and REXX and AUTOEXEC.BAT

9. PC DOS 7 and REXX and AUTOEXEC.BAT

10. finding autoexec.bat

11. PC DOS 7 and REXX and AUTOEXEC.BAT

12. windows ME - DOS language, AUTOEXEC, CONFIG!