Renaming files
Author Message
 Renaming files

Does anyone know how I can rename, move or copy  files on my hardrive in VB.
I've tried copy move and rename none of them seems to exist.  Please respond

appreciated.  Thankyou

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:36:14 GMT
 Renaming files

Quote:
> Does anyone know how I can rename, move or copy  files on my hardrive in
VB.
> I've tried copy move and rename none of them seems to exist.  Please
respond

> appreciated.  Thankyou

Try

NAME oldfilename AS newfilename

where the lowercase parts are to be replaced by your own file names of
course!

Tom Lake

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:08:58 GMT
 Renaming files
Please do not post VB questions to comp.lang.basic.realbasic. VB is not
REALbasic, although REALbasic is the Macintosh counterpart of VB and it
can read VB forms.

Quote:

> Does anyone know how I can rename, move or copy  files on my hardrive in VB.
> I've tried copy move and rename none of them seems to exist.  Please respond

> appreciated.  Thankyou

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:44:17 GMT
 Renaming files

Quote:

> Please do not post VB questions to comp.lang.basic.realbasic. VB is not
> REALbasic, although REALbasic is the Macintosh counterpart of VB and it
> can read VB forms.

Don't bother. This was a silly crosspost in atempt to get an answer
without even investing an attemt to find the right newsgroup for the
question.
Quote:

> > Does anyone know how I can rename, move or copy  files on my hardrive in VB.
> > I've tried copy move and rename none of them seems to exist.  Please respond

> > appreciated.  Thankyou

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:37:50 GMT

1. FILE-STATUS and RENAME-FILE in Pygmy Forth

2. need help with rename-file/delete-file

3. batch renaming files

4. create directories..rename files

5. create directories..rename files

6. rename file ?