PB DLL's for Visual Basic
Author Message
 PB DLL's for Visual Basic

Hi John,

DLL's created with PB/DLL (or the latter version PB/Win 7.0) are 100%
compatible with VB, because powerbasic compiles industry standard
DLL's (and EXE's).

I'm not sure why you believe they are not compatble.  Did you try to
register a DLL created with PB/DLL?  If so, then you would certainly
have received a REGSVR32 error message because standard DLL's do not
need to be registered (only COM or ActiveX DLL's need to be
registered).

In any case, there is a complete Appendix (B) in the PB/DLL 6.x
documentation that describes parameter passing conventions and
generally " how" to set up exported sub/function parameters to that
data can be passed back and forth with VB.

In fact, the PB/Win 7.0 example set even comes with a couple of VB
projects and DLL's created with PB/Win that are ready to run...

You can download the 7.0 examples from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

I hope this helps.  If you have any further questions, please do not
hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

Quote:

>The DLL's produced by PowerBasic are not compatible with Visual Basic.  Does
>anyone know how to make them compatible.

>Many Thanks

>John Makeham

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:12:55 GMT

1. Visual Basic 5.0 calling Fujitsu COBOL 4.0 created DLL's

2. visual basic DLL's

3. Calling Fortran 77 dll's from Visual Basic under Excel

4. Creating DLL's for Visual Basic

5. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

6. compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6

7. Pb using VRML control with Visual Basic

8. EZGUI Visual Engine for PB DLL 5/6

9. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

10. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

11. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

12. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC