Does anyone know how to control a digital I/O card
Author Message
 Does anyone know how to control a digital I/O card

Please help

If any one has any information on controlling the outputs of a digital I/O
card please post it or email it to me.

(I am trying to control ssr's (solid state relays)

Please help!!!

Thank-You

Cheers,
Jason

Thank-You Again

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:05:58 GMT
 Does anyone know how to control a digital I/O card

Quote:
> Please help

> If any one has any information on controlling the outputs of a digital I/O
> card please post it or email it to me.

> (I am trying to control ssr's (solid state relays)

Generally, the way you work with these kinds of devices is either A) via the
BASIC INP and OUT functions, which read and write to I-O ports on the bus or
B) by calling a driver, supplied by the card manufacturer as either an OBJ
file (MS-DOS) or a DLL (Windows).

Which method and what values are used are specific to the make and model of
the card.  "A digital I-O card" is too generic to say anything more.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the board and ask about the
"programming guide"  for the particular model board. All boards will have
some kind of guide available: these boards are totally useless without one.
(Unless the board was never designed for use as a computer peripheral, in
which case you'll have to read the schematics and probably create your own
computer hardware interface).

MCM

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:17:55 GMT
 Does anyone know how to control a digital I/O card
On 12/28/02 6:17 AM, in article

Quote:

>> Please help

>> If any one has any information on controlling the outputs of a digital I/O
>> card please post it or email it to me.

>> (I am trying to control ssr's (solid state relays)

> Generally, the way you work with these kinds of devices is either A) via the
> BASIC INP and OUT functions, which read and write to I-O ports on the bus or
> B) by calling a driver, supplied by the card manufacturer as either an OBJ
> file (MS-DOS) or a DLL (Windows).

> Which method and what values are used are specific to the make and model of
> the card.  "A digital I-O card" is too generic to say anything more.

> Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the board and ask about the
> "programming guide"  for the particular model board. All boards will have
> some kind of guide available: these boards are totally useless without one.
> (Unless the board was never designed for use as a computer peripheral, in
> which case you'll have to read the schematics and probably create your own
> computer hardware interface).

> MCM

Thank-You

Cheers,
Jason

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:37:46 GMT

1. Does anyone know where I can find the goop climate control example

2. Does anyone know of any cursor control routines

3. Has anyone written the basic control VIs for a Data Devices Syncho to Digital Card SB-3621X?

4. the digital trigger of the PCI-6034E card in the labview

5. sychronized digital/analog output at a microsecond time scale on a PCI 6713 card

6. Digital Occurances with E series cards

7. FA: National Instruments PCI-5102 Digital Oscilloscope and PCI-6071E Multi-I/O DAQ cards

8. Problem with digital I/O port of a DAQ card

9. Hardware timed digital I/O on DAQ card ?

10. FT: pcmcia portable daqcard for PCI based card and/or digital scope

11. FT: pcmcia portable daqcard for PCI based card and/or digital scope

12. FT: pcmcia portable daqcard for PCI based card and/or digital scope