Windows Compiler/ ActiveX
Author Message
 Windows Compiler/ ActiveX

Does the new Windows compiler (v7) support the use of ActiveX?

In other words can it act as a container for ActiveX components, and
can it create ActiveX components?

I am particularly interested to know if it can use VSFlexGrid.

Thanks

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:26:29 GMT
 Windows Compiler/ ActiveX
I talked to one of the people at Power Basic on the phone about this on
Monday, and it was suggested that I inquire on one of the newsgroups or
bulletin boards.

With over three days of no response, am I to assume that the version 7
compiler does not support ActiveX?

Quote:

>Does the new Windows compiler (v7) support the use of ActiveX?

>In other words can it act as a container for ActiveX components, and
>can it create ActiveX components?

>I am particularly interested to know if it can use VSFlexGrid.

>Thanks

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:17:34 GMT
 Windows Compiler/ ActiveX

Quote:
> I talked to one of the people at Power Basic on the phone about this on
> Monday, and it was suggested that I inquire on one of the newsgroups or
> bulletin boards.

> With over three days of no response, am I to assume that the version 7
> compiler does not support ActiveX?

When you called, this is the answer you got? Ask on a bulletin board?

Sorry, I have trouble believing that.

MCM

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:02:03 GMT
 Windows Compiler/ ActiveX
I'm sorry you're sorry, but that's the truth.

BTW Do you know the answer to my question?

Quote:

>> I talked to one of the people at Power Basic on the phone about this on
>> Monday, and it was suggested that I inquire on one of the newsgroups or
>> bulletin boards.

>> With over three days of no response, am I to assume that the version 7
>> compiler does not support ActiveX?

>When you called, this is the answer you got? Ask on a bulletin board?

>Sorry, I have trouble believing that.

>MCM

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:02:27 GMT
 Windows Compiler/ ActiveX
Hi Lyle,

powerbasic currently supports the creation of COM Client applications
only.  That is, PowerBASIC does not natively support COM containers,
hence GUI COM controls (ActiveX Controls) are not able to be used.  I
understand that you might be able to use JACOM/PB from
www.jazzagesoft.com to utilize ActiveX controls.

That said, there are plenty of other grid controls that you can use,
and if you opt for a non-COM version, changes are it will run faster
than the COM version due to the removal of the COM subsystem overhead.

For example, you could use SIGRID from www.softwareinnovators.com
(which was written in PowerBASIC), or Farpoint Spread (who can supply
PowerBASIC headers on request).

I hope this helps!  Thanks for asking!

Quote:

>Does the new Windows compiler (v7) support the use of ActiveX?

>In other words can it act as a container for ActiveX components, and
>can it create ActiveX components?

>I am particularly interested to know if it can use VSFlexGrid.

>Thanks

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:47:14 GMT
 Windows Compiler/ ActiveX

Quote:
> I talked to one of the people at Power Basic on the phone about this on
> Monday, and it was suggested that I inquire on one of the newsgroups or
> bulletin boards.

> With over three days of no response, am I to assume that the version 7
> compiler does not support ActiveX?

Possibly, there has been a misunderstanding. Please let me clarify.

You were advised, when you called, that PowerBASIC does not support
ActiveX, but that the PowerBASIC compilers for Windows allow you to
write COM clients; and that, if you had questions about whether a
specific third-party control supplied COM client functionality, you
could ask on the PowerBASIC Forums on our web site. You are free to
ask on outside newsgroups or bulletin boards, of course, but the
PowerBASIC web site would seem the logical place to start.

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:33:26 GMT

1. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

2. Windows API (MoveWindow), OLE/ActiveX Controls - CW4a

3. Labview ActiveX Woe with Windows 2000

4. Python for windows and OLE,COM,ActiveX a.s.o

5. Using ActiveX OCX's in Windows/TCL Programs

6. Free Scheme Compiler for Windows 95, Windows NT

7. FORTRAN compilers for Windows NT/Windows 4.0

8. Free Lisp Compiler for WINDOWS 95, WINDOWS NT

9. Assembler 370 compiler.....Windows/DOS

10. Windows compiler SaveStyledEditField bug?

11. Windows compiler FolderItem bug?

12. Smalltalt compiler for windows